Amex Offers, Save 15% on Gas, up to $5
A new targeted Amex Offer can save you 15% on your next trip to a gas station. The savings are limited to just $5 though. The offer is targeted, so check your cards to see if you have it.
Get 15% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card at a U.S. gas station by 12/31/19. Limit $5 in total statement credits.
- Offer valid for purchases at gas station locations in the U.S. An “eligible purchase” means a purchase made with your enrolled Card at U.S. gas station locations by 12/31/2019.
- Offer excludes online purchases and marina fuel or any type of commercial fuel (e.g.- jet fuel) purchases.
- For purposes of this offer, “gas station” means a merchant that is in the primary business of selling gasoline to consumers.
- Gas stations may sell other convenience items, but its primary business must be selling gasoline to consumers.
- Excludes superstores, supermarkets, and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline.
Amex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your account online and you will usually get a statement credit or earn extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant.
You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use.
You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person, or maybe two if you are lucky. But Amex is being very strict about one per person rule and have sent out notices that they will claw back credits if you have used an offer multiple times. You can however use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer without issues.
For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards.
Easy savings at the pump, although limited to just $5. You can maximize the offer by spending $33.33.