Amex Offer for Gas Stations, Save up to 8% ($15 Max. Savings)
Check your American Express credit cards for two new offers that can save you up to $15 on gas purchases. You can find this offer in your Amex consumer and business credit cards. Check out the details of the offers below.
There are two different offers available:
- Get a $3 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $35 in one or more transactions at a U.S. gas station by 12/31/2021. Limit of 5 statement credits (total of $15).
- Get 3% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make purchases at a U.S. gas station by 12/31/2021. Limit of $15 in total statement credits.
- Offer valid only for eligible purchases at gas station locations in the U.S.
- Offer excludes online purchases and marina fuel or any type of commercial fuel (e.g.- jet fuel) purchases.
- “Gas station” means a merchant that is primarily in the business of selling gasoline to consumers.
- The following are NOT considered gas stations: superstores, supermarkets, and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline.
Amex OffersAmex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your accounts in two forms. Either as a statement credit or extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant. You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use. You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person. You can use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer. Check out this quick way to add all offers at once. For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards. See full list of Amex Offers here.
Decent offers for savings at the pump. The offers are targeted, but hopefully some of you see them in your accounts. The first offer can save you up to 8.5% at the pump, and the second saves you 3%.
The best Amex cards for gas purchases are the Old Blue Cash and the Business Gold.