To celebrate the groundbreaking new series Breakthrough, Uber has teamed up with National Geographic Channel to bring you FREE rides in the world’s most cutting-edge alternative energy vehicles.
Until tomorrow, October 30, lucky riders can tap the app to request a ride in the most advanced vehicles, which include a McLarenP1 Hybrid Supercar, Lexus CTh, Porsche Cayenne Biodiesel, Tesla Model S, Hyundai Tucson Hydrogen Fuel Cell, and many more.
How it works
- OPEN the app between 12pm – 7pm in Manhattan (59th Street and below) on Tuesday, October 27 through Friday, October 30
- TAP the Profile Icon on the left and select the PROMOTIONS menu option
- ENTER promo code BREAKTHROUGH to unlock the special ‘BREAKTHROUGH’ option
- REQUEST the ‘BREAKTHROUGH’ option on the bottom slider in your app starting at 12pm
- If a car is available, you’ll get to ride in a luxury alternative energy vehicle, including a Lexus RX Hybrid Electric Crossover, BMW i3, Tesla Model S, Hyundai Tuscon Hydrogen Fuel Cell, a Solar Prototype, and more
- This promotion is only valid on trips requested through the BREAKTHROUGH option on Tuesday, October 27 through Friday, October 30, between 12pm – 7pm within Manhattan (59th Street and below)
- Your trip fare will be absolutely free! (up to 30 minutes)
- Certain vehicles, such as the McLaren P1, may only provide seating for 1 passenger
- Please note that demand will be high and supply will be limited*
Here’s the link to the Uber promo details.