Citizens Bank is offering a new $150 bonus for new checking accounts opened at their locations within supermarkets. We’ve seen bonuses as high as $200 in the past, but $150 has been the normal lately.
To earn $150:
- Open your first new personal checking account between May 6, 2017 and June 9, 2017 at a Citizens Bank supermarket branch
- Set up a single direct deposit of $500 or more that posts to your new account within 60 days of account opening
It’s that easy! Find your nearest branch here.
$150 Bonus will be deposited into your qualifying checking account within 90 days after the first qualified direct deposit has posted and will be labeled as “Balance Builder Bonus.” One bonus per customer. Bonus will be reported to the IRS.
Offer Available in supermarket branches in CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT. Check your local supermarket branch to see if it is available there.
Primary signer on the new checking account may not be or have been a primary or secondary signer on any personal checking account within the previous six months.
One Deposit Checking is the best option. It has a monthly maintenance fee of $9.99 that is waived with one deposit each statement period.
This is a good bonus but limited to only a few states and account must be opened in supermarket Citizens Bank locations. If you live near one of these branches then it’s worth it to go for it. You just need one $500 direct deposit to get the bonus and the account can be easily kept fee-free with one monthly deposit of any amount.
- Offer Page
- Account Type: One Deposit Checking
- Availability: Supermarket branches in CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, and VT
- Expiration Date: 6/9/2017
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $1000 (Could be treated as CA since it will be opened in branch)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $500 or more within 60 days
- Monthly Fees: $9.99 (waived with any monthly deposit)
- Closing Account Fee: Must be open for 6 months