Citi has a new combo deal for those who have a Citi Double Cash card. You can get a $400 bonus for opening a new checking account, plus get an extra 0.5% back on all your purchases.
Earn 0.5% more cash back when you open a Citibank checking account + a $400 cash bonus with a qualifying deposit.
- Earn 2.5% Total Cash Back until 1/31/21 for opening the Citibank Account Package. 1.5% Cash Back when you buy and 1% Cash Back as you pay
- Earn a $400 Cash Bonus when you maintain a minimum balance of $15,000 for 60 days
This promotion is targeted. If you have a Citi Double Cash card, log into your account online and see if the offer shows up.
- You must open a new consumer regular or interest checking account in a Citibank Account Package (“Eligible Checking Account”) between August 15, 2019 and October 15, 2019.
- To receive the Cash Back Booster, both your Card Account and Eligible Checking Account must remain open, current, and in good standing from the time of your enrollment in the Offer throughout the term of this Offer.
- To receive the Additional Cash Bonus you must deposit $15,000 or more in New-to-Bank Funds in the Eligible Checking Account within thirty (30) calendar days of opening the Eligible Checking Account and maintain the funds for sixty (60) calendar days.
- Must have received a direct communication or advertisement from Citibank inviting them to participate in this Offer
- Applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, and provide required U.S. tax certification
This is similar to this $500 ($100 extra for direct deposit) offer for the Citi Priority Banking Package. The account comes with a $25 monthly service fee that is waived when you maintain a balance of $10,000 or more in your eligible deposits, retirement accounts, and investments. Then you get the extra earning on your cards for about 6 months. Earning 2.5x on all spend is a good deal for big spenders. Could be worth it for some compared to the stand alone checking offer.
Let me know what you think!