Check your American Express credit cards for an Amex Offer that can save you 10% on gas.
Chevron/Texaco Amex Offer
Get 10% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a purchase, paid for at the pump, at U.S. Chevron & Texaco locations by 6/10/2019. Limit of $25 in total statement credits.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Offer only valid for purchases paid at the pump at U.S. Chevron and Texaco locations.
- Excludes all other transactions such as, but not limited to, convenience store purchases, car wash purchases, automotive repair services, online transactions, gift card purchases, wholesale purchases, airline or marine fuel purchases.
- Excludes all international locations and brands, such as Caltex. Offer is non-transferable.
- Limit of $ 25 in total statement credits per Card Member.
What Are Amex Offers?
Amex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your account online and you will usually get a statement credit or earn extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant. You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online or in the app, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use.
You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person, or maybe two if you are lucky. But Amex is being very strict about one per person rule and have sent out notices that they will claw back credits if you have used an offer multiple times. You can however use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer without issues. Some specific offers can also be added to multiple cards, so keep that in mind when adding offers.
For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards. That same site could also let you use this trick to add offers to any card.
A good offer that’s worth adding to your cards if you get you gas at U.S. Chevron & Texaco locations.