New Chase United Card to Launch Later this Month
Update (Apr. 6, 2021) – Check old referral links for Chase United card for a possible offer for this new Chase United Quest card. It comes with a 80,000 miles bonus after spending $5,000 within the first three months and all the perks listed below. The $250 annual fee is not waived. (HT: r/churning)
The card is also available online now, but there’s no application option. If you’re already a United Cardmember and would like to switch to this product, please call the Chase phone number on the back of your current card to see if you’re eligible.
Original article (Mar. 9, 2021) – Back in October of 2020, Chase refreshed its lineup of United credit cards with a new product called the Chase United Gateway Card. That is a no fee card with a bonus of 20,000 miles. Now there will be yet another United credit card, coming later this month.
The news comes from United Platinum Class Visa cardholders, who have been notified through mail by Chase that their cards will soon be converted to a new product. The United Platinum Class Visa is a legacy card that is no longer available. But, existing cardholders, will be migrated to a new Chase United Quest Card on March 21, 2021. The card is not listed on the Chase website, and it is not available for applications. It is also not clear when, or if, that will be an option.
These notices that were mailed out also provide some insight on what this new United Quest Card will look like in terms of miles earning an benefits.
Since the card will be available to current cardholders, migrating from United Platinum Class Visa, there’s no signup bonus announced. But we have the following information about the Chase United Quest Card so far:
- Annual Fee: $250
- 3x points per $1 spent on United purchases
- 2x points per $1 spent on all other travel purchases
- 2x points per $1 spent on select streaming and restaurant purchases
- 1x point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Other Benefits
- Up to $125 in statement credits for United purchases charged to your card each anniversary year.
- Up to 10,000 miles back. Get 5,000 miles back for each award flight per year (up to two). Based on cardmember year, not calendar.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit.
- Free first and second checked bag.
- Priority boarding and premier upgrades on award tickets.
- 25% statement credit on purchases made using the card onboard United operated flights
This is a mid tier credit card with an annual fee of $250. Earning wise, the card is not very exciting with 3x points on United purchases and 2x points on all other travel purchases, select streaming and restaurant purchases. But it does have some extra benefits such as $125 in statement credits for United purchases and up to 10,000 miles back on award flights. Then there’s the Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit and free checked bags, priority boarding etc.
United Platinum Class Visa cardholders will be converted to this card on March 21, 2021, but we’ll have to wait to see when it will be available for everyone else.