Chase Sapphire Preferred, Public Welcome Offer for 80K Points
Chase has a new increased welcome offer of 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points for the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card. This is an offer that was sent out to some customers through mailers earlier in the year but it is now publicly available. However, keep in mind that this card falls under the 5/24 restrictions from Chase.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases with your new Chase Sapphire Preferred card in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. It can be even more valuable when transferring points to travel partners.
Annual fee of $95 is not waived.
- Earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants- from airfare and hotels to fine dining and cafés.
- Earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Complimentary DashPass subscription from DoorDash for a minimum of 1 year after activating by December 31, 2021
- No foreign transaction fees
- Plus the following travel protections:
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Trip Cancellation/ Trip Interruption Insurance
- Zero Liability Protection
- Baggage Delay Insurance
- LEARN MORE
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months. If you are an existing Sapphire customer and would like this product, please call the number on the back of your card to see if you are eligible for a product change. You will not receive the new cardmember bonus if you change products.
Chase Sapphire Preferred also falls under the Chase 5/24 rule.
This is a great offer for the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card and the best we have seen. It is publicly available so if you are eligible, it is definitely worth going for it. Chase also has a great offers currently for the new Freedom Flex card that just went live today. However this Chase Sapphire Preferred bonus is much better. Sadly referral links do not show this new increased offer.
The bonus is worth $1,000 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards. But it could be even better ($1,200) if you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve Card or transfer points to travel partners.
And if you recently got the Chase Sapphire Preferred card don’t worry. Just message Chase and ask to be matched to this new increased bonus. They will usually do this if you have applied for a lesser offer within the last 90 days.