Chase Sapphire Preferred, Best Ever 80K + $50 Bonus
Update (Apr. 6, 2021) – This increased welcome offer for the Chase Sapphire Preferred is also available through referrals. This makes it much better since the personal referring you can get an additional 15,000 points as a referral bonus (up to 75,000 per year). Just be sure to apply through the “Apply Now” button in the referral page so your friend can be rewarded.
Update (Mar. 22, 2021) – This increased welcome offer for the Chase Sapphire Preferred is now live online, and probably in branch as well. Also look out for the increased offer on the Chase Sapphire Reserve card.
The old welcome bonus for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card is 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points and a $50 credit for grocery purchases. But, soon the bonus will get even better, with an extra 20,000 points. The offer will be available publicly, online and in-branch. Let’s see the details of the offer and when you can expect it to become available.
- Earn 80,000 Bonus Points after you spend $4,000 on purchases with your new Sapphire Preferred card within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Plus receive up to $50 in statement credits for grocery store purchases.
- Annual Fee: $95 (not waived)
- LEARN MORE
- 2X Points on dining and travel
- 2X Points total on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from Nov. 1–April 30, 2021, including pickup and eligible grocery store delivery services.
- 1X Point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- 1.25 cents per point in value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Transfer 1:1 to the regular Ultimate Reward transfer partners
- Free DoorDash DashPass for one year ($9.99/Month) when you activate by 12/31/2021.
- 5x Points on Lyft Rides through March 2022.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Pay Yourself Back (1.25¢ redemption for Ultimate Rewards points)
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months. If you are an existing Sapphire customer and would like this product, please call the number on the back of your card to see if you are eligible for a product change. You will not receive the new cardmember bonus if you change products.
This card also falls under the Chase 5/24 rule which means that if you’ve had 5 or more new credit cards in the last 24 months, your application will be declined.
Chase Sapphire Preferred is a good product that gets you some extra benefits, but the main draw will be this huge welcome bonus of 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points and a $50 credit for grocery purchases. If you recently applied for the card you can also contact Chase to get matched to this increased offer when it becomes available. Chase has been difficult with matching offers recently, but it is worth a try.