Upgrade to Chase Private Client for $2,000 Bonus
Chase is offering a huge bonus of $2,000 when you upgrade your account to Chase Private Client. This account needs a balance of $250,000 or more, so this is not a deal for everyone. This Chase Private Client bonus is available until 01/17/20. It is a big improvement from the previous $1,250 bonus, but still has a huge balance requirement that makes it prohibitive for most people.
Save time and money with better banking benefits and special services, plus a $2,000 Welcome Bonus. Hereʼs how to get started:
- Meet with a Private Client Banker by January 17, 2020 to upgrade your account to Chase Private Client.
- Within 45 calendar days, transfer a total of $250,000 or more in new money to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts (excludes any You Invest, J.P. Morgan retirement accounts and CDs), and maintain the balance for at least 90 days.
- Your $2,000 will be deposited into your account within 10 business days.
The account has no fees, but you need to maintain the $250,000 balance. Otherwise, you will be downgraded to another Chase account.
- Offer not available to existing Chase Private Client customers.
- Ineligible accounts: any You Invest accounts, Certificates of Deposit, insurance products; fixed and variable annuities; 529 College Savings Plans; any retirement accounts such as Traditional and Roth IRAs, Keogh, Simple IRAs, and 401(k) Plans.
- After you have completed all the above requirements, we will deposit the bonus in your existing Chase Private Client Checking account within 10 business days.
- You can only participate in one Chase Private Client Checking, Sapphire Checking or You Invest new money bonus in a 12 month period.
- Coupon is good for one time use.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
- Account must be kept open for 6 months, otherwise bonus could be taken back.
- This bonus will be considered as interest, so you have to pay taxes.
This deal is now a little better for those who have the money to go for this offer. The bonus has been increased from $1,250 to $2,000. You Invest accounts would have been a good option to meet the balance requirement. But are excluded in the terms of the offer.
If you keep the $250K in the account for exactly three months, you get a 3.20% return. That’s better than you can get anywhere else right now with rates falling.
The best way to go about this bonus is to do the $600 or $900 checking/savings bonus first and then upgrade to Chase Private Client. This offer will expire though before your able to upgrade, so up to you on how you want to play it.