Chase will be offering an increased bonus for the Chase Ink Business Preferred credit card during ‘National Small Business Week’. Small Business Week this year will run between April 29th and May 5th. The increased offer of 100,000 Ultimate Rewards points will likely be available in branch only.
Chase Ink Preferred 100K Offer Details
Earn 100,000 Bonus Points – To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make Purchases totaling $5,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:
- Travel, including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines
- Earn unlimited 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
- Cell Phone Protection — up to $600 per claim
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee (not waived)
Chase auto denies you for some of their cards if you’ve received more that 5 new credit cards in the last 24 months. Chase Ink Preferred is one of those cards that falls under this rule. Sometimes you’re able to get around this rule with in-branch pre-approvals or this new possible option. Targeted offers sent by email do not bypass 5/24 rule.
There’s some risk involved since the spending requirement is rather large. Too many recent credit cards and large spending spikes have been causing reviews and subsequently shutdowns from Chase. There’s really no golden rule here, besides proceeding with caution. If you do apply for these cards it could be a good idea to increase your spending gradually.
The standard offer for the Chase Ink Preferred Business Card is 80,000 Ultimate Rewards. This offer is 20,000 better and it was offer last year as well during the same period. The offer should available to everyone in-branch and not only those who apply through a business manager. The card does fall under the 5/24 rule so not everyone will qualify. 100K UR points are worth $1,000 toward travel rewards when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards, but well over $1,500 for most people. If you are eligible to apply, definitely go for it. Just keep in mind that
This is obviously a much better bonus than the regular offer, but if you weren’t targeted, you could get the same total points if you went through a friend’s or family member’s referral (20K referral bonus + 80K sign up bonus).