Chase IHG Rewards Club Card Benefits to Change Nov. 17
If you have a IHG Rewards Club Credit Card, then you should be aware of some benefit changes that are coming November 17th. The information was mailed out today to cardmembers. The most notable things in the list are the addition of cell phone protection and removal of Price Protection. Let’s take a look.
Chase IHG Rewards Club Card Changes
Here’s what’s changing on Nov. 17, 2019:
- We’re adding Cell Phone Protection to your IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card. Get up to $600 per claim and $1,000 per year in cell phone protection against covered theft or damage for phones listed on your monthly cell phone bill when you pay it with your eligible credit card. Maximum of 2 claims in a 12 month period with a $50 deductible per claim. This is part of World Elite Mastercard benefits.
- Price Protection and Mastercard Concierge will no longer be available.
- If you make a purchase before Nov. 17, 2019, it will be covered under the current terms.
You’ll continue to enjoy your other benefits, which aren’t changing:
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent when you stay at IHG hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants and 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Anniversary Night good for a night stay at any IHG hotel with a redemption value of 40,000 points or lower
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Zero Liability Protection for unauthorized purchases and Fraud Protection
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Purchase Protection, and more
Additional benefits from ShopRunner and Postmates are also available to you compliments of Mastercard.
The addition of Cell Phone Protection along with the annual free night, could make this card more valuable and worth keeping for more people. Price Protection is going away though. You can still use it for purchases made through November 17th.