JetBlue has a promotion for those looking to buy or gift points. You can get a bonus of up to 50% on purchased points, but you need to buy at least 30,000 TrueBlue points.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Buy 3,000 – 9,500 points = Get 20% more
- Buy 10,000 – 19,500 points = Get 30% more
- Buy 20,000 – 29,500 points = Get 40% more
- Buy 30,000 points = Get 50% more
- Bonus point offer valid for point purchases between now and September 19, 2019.
- Bonus points are incremental based upon the amount of points purchased.
- To receive the bonus, minimum purchase of 3,000 TrueBlue points is required. Bonus points earned do not count towards maximum calendar limits stated below.
- Minimum point purchase per transaction is 1,000 points; maximum point purchase per transaction is 30,000 points.
- Members may not purchase more than a total of 120,000 TrueBlue points
To get the 50% bonus points you need to purchase at least 30,000 TrueBlue points. Even with that bonus you still end up paying $886.88 or 1.97¢ per point. These points have an average value of about 1.4¢ each, so this is not a good deal. It could be useful if you’re in need of some points towards a redemption, or if you’re getting some good value for your points, maybe in Mint.