Buy JetBlue Points With Up to 70% Bonus
JetBlue has a promotion for those looking to buy or gift points. You can get a bonus of up to 70% on purchased points, but you need to buy at least 30,000 TrueBlue points to get the highest bonus. Buying points in general is not a good idea, and even with this 70% bonus it would be hard to justify the purchase.
Here’s the breakdown of this promotion:
- Buy/Gift 3,000 – 9,500 points = Get 25% more
- Buy/Gift 10,000 – 29,500 points = Get 40% more
- Buy/Gift 30,000 points = Get 70% more
Points can be purchased for approximately $37.73 per 1,000 points. Prices are in U.S. dollars and include a 7.5% tax recovery fee on the value of the points purchased.
- Bonus point offer valid for point purchases between now and April 27, 2021.
- Bonus points are incremental based upon the amount of points purchased.
- To receive the bonus, minimum purchase of 3,000 TrueBlue points is required. Bonus points earned do not count towards maximum calendar limits stated below.
- Minimum point purchase per transaction is 1,000 points; maximum point purchase per transaction is 30,000 points.
- Members may not purchase more than a total of 120,000 TrueBlue points in a calendar year (regardless of whether the points were purchased for a member’s own TrueBlue account or as a gift). Bonus points earned do not count towards maximum calendar limits.
- These are not Mosaic Qualifying points.
To get the highest bonus, which goes up to 70%, you need to purchase at least 30,000 TrueBlue points. Even with that bonus you still end up paying 2.2¢ per point, so this is not a good deal. But it could be useful if you’re in need of some points towards a redemption, or if you’re getting some good value for your points, maybe in Mint.
If you need more JetBlue points, the best option is to look at Barclays JetBlue credit cards. JetBlue TrueBlue is also a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou, American Express Membership Rewards and Capital One Venture Miles.