Earn $75 or 7500 Membership Rewards Points with New Betterment Account
Update (Feb. 12, 2021) – This offer has been improved to $127.50 or 12,750 Membership Rewards Points.
Original article (Feb. 9, 2021) – Rakuten has increased the bonus for opening a new Betterment account. It is usually $42.50, but now you can earn $75 or 7,500 Membership Rewards points, depending on which Rakuten account you have. And all you have to do is deposit at least $1. Plus this is a great account to have with no fees and free ATM withdrawals worldwide. Let’s see how the bonus works.
Earn $75, or 7500 Membership Rewards points when you open a new Betterment account. Cash Back is only earned for a funded Betterment Checking, Cash Reserve or Investing account of at least $1.00 for checking products and $10.00 for Cash Reserve and investing products. This offer is not available for other Betterment products or current Betterment customers.
- ATM fees and foreign fees are automatically reimbursed, plus no overdraft fees.
- FDIC-insured up to $250k by nbkc bank, Member FDIC.
- You can change your PIN or lock your card from the mobile app, making it easier to safeguard your account if you lose or misplace your card.
- Use your tap-to-pay Visa debit card, mobile options like Apple Pay® and Google Pay™, or paper checks.
- Earn cash back at thousands of your favorite brands, like Dunkin’, adidas, and Walmart.
You can usually get bigger bonuses for opening a bank account, but this one is very easy. To earn the $75 bonus, all you need to do is open a Betterment Checking account with at least $1.00. If you have a Rakuten account that earns Membership Rewards, this bonus could be worth over $100.
You need to have a Rakuten account to get this bonus. If you don’t have one, you can also get a signup bonus for that.