Airport lounges are a big part of air travel. Priority Pass has one of the largest networks with over 1,200 such lounges all over the world. 52,000 Priority Pass members have rated its lounges and the winner for 2019 is in Ecuador. Priority Pass’ lounge portfolio has grown by 10% in the last year with locations across 500 cities globally, in 143 countries. Priority Pass membership comes as a free perk with several credit cards.
The Sala VIP Internacional lounge at Quito International Airport claimed the top prize in the Global Airport Lounge of the Year Awards, which rates business facilities, comfort, service from lounge staff and food and drink.
The recently expanded lounge has panoramic views that look out across the city of Quito. It features an outdoor terrace, where passengers can sit and soak up the sun before their flights. The lounge is fitted out with distinguished locally sourced furnishings and the menu is designed by renowned local chef Andrés Miño and includes international and Ecuadorian cuisine. Guests can enjoy a variety of wines from the lounge’s private cellar while taking in the amazing views.
This modern and elegant lounge is open around the clock and features private working spaces, dedicated sleeping areas, a massage room, and showers for guests to refresh themselves before a long flight or during a layover.
Sala VIP Internacional is airside, after Security Checks and Passport Control on the Departure Level. The lounge is located in front of the Duty Free Shop.
Besides the best global lounge, the annual ranking also rates the best lounges by region.
- Regional Winner: Primeclass Riga Business Lounge, Terminal E, Riga International Airport, Latvia
- Highly Commended: Northern Lights Executive Lounge, Aberdeen International Airport, United Kingdom
Africa & Middle East:
- Regional Winner: Ahlan Lounge at B, Terminal 3, Concourse B, Dubai International Airport, United Arab Emirates
- Highly Commended: Marhaba Lounge, Terminal 3, Concourse A, Dubai International Airport, United Arab Emirates
- Regional Winner: Miracle First Class Lounge, International Concourse D, Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Thailand
- Highly Commended: SATS Premier Lounge, Terminal 3, Singapore Changi International Airport, Singapore
- Regional Winner: Lounge 19, Terminal 1, Mexico City Benito Juarez International Airport, Mexico
- Highly Commended: The Club MCO, Terminal B, Concourse 4, Orlando FL International Airport, United States
Latin America and The Caribbean:
- Highly Commended: Eldorado Lounge, Terminal 1, Bogota El Dorado International Airport, Colombia
Red more here.