I haven’t done this in a few weeks, but here’s a round up of posts, news, deals and other stuff that caught my attention in the last few days. I either don’t have the expertise, or was too lazy to write about them. Or maybe they’re just fun reads and not really travel/credit cards/deals related. I’ll add more posts to it during the day if I find anything else that I think will interest you, so check back.
- Star Trek Credit Card Offering 50,000 Point Bonus by DoC – A credit card that will most likley appeal to the Star Trek crowd but not very valuable to everyone else
- Check out My Interview with Reader Erik! by Miles For Family – Part of a great series with reader interviews. Best tip I got out of, is how to organize SO’s wallet. “Rotate the cards in her/[his] wallet depending on the current goal and label any card that should be used for a specific purpose (i.e. “Use only at Costco and Restaurants”). Stealing that one.
- United’s Changing Award Booking Process and Fees on October 6 by TPG – A few fee changes. Stopovers will be replaced by “Excursionist Perk” and stopovers needs to be in the same region as the destination. It limits some of the hacks. This is an attempt by United to simplify its program.
- Reserve Your Free Spot At The US Open Chase Lounge by OneMileAtaTime – Register for Chase Lounge access at the US Open. The Arthur Ashe Stadium in Flushing, Queens has a brand new retractable roof that should make the experience better.
- HURRY: American Airlines Europe Awards Wide Open by View From the Wing – Take a look if you’re planning a trip and using AA. Lots of availability through May 2017, especially to Paris and London.
- Strengthen your Credit with an Installment Loan using the Secured Loan Technique by DoC – Great tip. Get an installment loan so you strengthen your credit report, without any hard pull or cost by applying for a secured loan. I’m in the same boat as Chuck, with just lots of credit cards on my report.
- Video: American Threatens To Send Customer To Jail For Recording by OneMileAtaTime – Really bad customer service. AA prohibits videotaping they employees but they have no power to jail anyone, mainly because it’s not against the law.
- Buy a $10+ Starbucks eGift Card using Visa Checkout, and we’ll add an extra $5, courtesy of Visa Checkout HT to Miles per Day on Twitter
- FNBO Complete Rewards Review – 2% Back On All Purchases + $50 Sign Up Bonus by DoC – You only get the 2% cash back rate if you redeem you cash back into your checking/savings. Otherwise it’s just 1%. There’s better options out there that give you 2% or more.