BBVA has upped the bonus for the NBA Amex credit card to 20,000 points. In order to receive it, you must spend $1,000 on qualifying purchases during the first 90 days of account opening. That’s enough for a $200 account credit.
The card doesn’t have an annual fee anymore and the bonus is twice the usual sign up bonus of 10,000 points, so this is a great time to sign up.
The best feature of the BBVA Compass NBA American Express Card is that it earns 5% cash back on all purchases during the NBA All-Star Weekend and two weeks of the NBA Finals. This is an amazing opportunity during that time frame, but even more so with a high credit limit. There’s no limit on how much you can earn and your points never expire.
It also earn 2% at supermarkets and gas stations and if you’re a big NBA fan you’ll also earn 3% on qualifying NBA tickets, NBA in-stadium transactions, and NBAStore.com purchases. In addition, every time you use your credit card at NBAStore.com, you’ll receive a 20% discount on your purchases in the form of a statement credit.
This is also an Amex card, so it qualifies for Amex Sync Offers (offers available through Twitter etc). But it is not issued by Amex, so it’s a good tool alongside your Amex Serve.
Take a screen shot of the offer before continuing with the application because on the application page, on the side bar, it still shows the standard 10K offer. The screenshot should help in case problems arise later on.
- Apply Here
- Spend $1,000 on qualifying purchases during the first 90 days of account opening and get 20,000 bonus points (enough for a $200 account credit)
- 5x points on all purchases, not just NBA purchases, during the NBA All-Star Weekend and two weeks of the NBA Finals
- 3x on qualifying NBA tickets, NBA in-stadium transactions, and NBAStore.com purchases
- 20% off at NBAStore.com
- 2x points on all of your supermarket purchases
- 2x points every time you fill up
- 1x on all other purchases
- 0% intro purchase APR for 6 months (9.24% to 29.24% variable APR after that)
- No Annual Fee
- 3% Foreign Transaction Fee