This offer has expired. See the full list of available bank bonuses here.
BBVA Bank Bonus, Get $250 with New Checking & Savings Accounts
BBVA Compass has a new offer that can earn you $200 for opening a new checking account and another $50 for a savings account. This BBVA Bank bonus is available in most states and both accounts can be opened online. You can still go into a branch and open the account if you prefer, just note that the two promo codes are different for online and in-branch. This promotion was set to expire today, on February 16, but has been extended for three more days through February 19.
Here’s hot to get your $250 bonus:
- Get a $200 bonus by opening an Online Checking account and receiving a qualifying direct deposit of at least $500 by April 30, 2021.
- Get an additional $50 by opening an Online Savings account and having a savings balance of at least $1000 on April 30, 2021.
- You must meet stipulations for the $200 Checking Bonus to be eligible for the $50 Savings Bonus.
- Account must be opened by clicking Open Checking Now or Open Both Now above. If qualifications are met, you will receive your bonus by January 31, 2021.
- For accounts opened online, eligible accounts include BBVA Free Checking and BBVA Easy Checking. BBVA Free Checking and Easy Checking are only available in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico, and Texas
- A qualifying direct deposit is a recurring paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- When applying for this special offer in branch, you must use the promo code: WB2021.
- For online applications, the required promo code is WBOL2021. When applying online through this page, promo code is automatically applied.
- If qualifications are met, you will receive your bonus by June 30, 2021.
- Offer is available in most states.
- The BBVA Online savings account holder must be an account holder on the new BBVA consumer checking account.
- You must be a new BBVA savings customer who has not had a BBVA consumer savings account in the past 12 months or closed due to negative balance.
- You may not have received a Direct Deposit or Savings Account Bonus in the past 24 months.
- There is a maximum of one (1) bonus per household.
ClearChoice Free Checking and Clearconnect Checking accounts have no fees when you opt out of paper statements.
BBVA Online Savings Account has no fees.
There’s no early closing fee, but BBVA reserves the right to deduct the bonus amount if the account is closed within 12 months of opening.
A good bonus of $250 for opening a BBVA checking and Savings account. You need a $500 direct deposit for the $200 checking bonus and a $1,000 balance for the $50 savings bonus. You can also fund your account with a total of $1,000 with a credit card, which should mean at least another $20 in rewards (as long as you don’t get hit with cash advance fees).
- OFFER PAGE
- Promo Code: WBOL2021 or WB2021
- Account Type: ClearChoice Free or Clearconnect Checking
- Availability: Almost Nationwide
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $500 by 4/30
- Other Requirements: $1K balance on savings account on 4/30
- Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $500 for each account
- Monthly Fee: None
- Closing Account Fee: Must keep open for 12 months
- Expiration Date: