Barclays Aviator Red 60K Bonus
Barclays is offering a new bonus for the AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard. This Barclays Aviator Red 60K bonus requires just one purchase. It also comes with a waived annual fee that saves you $99, but you no longer get the Companion Certificate.
- Earn 60,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after making your first purchase in the first 90 days
- Enjoy 0% introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, 17.99%, 21.99% or 26.99%, based on your creditworthiness. There is a fee for balance transfers.
Annual fee of $99 (waived first year).
Earning on this card in not great. You get one AA mile per dollar on all purchases and 2 AA miles per dollar on eligible American Airlines purchases.
You also have the ability to earn $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) when you spend $25,000 each calendar year. If you spend $5,000 more you also get $100 American Airlines Flight Discount (the “Flight Discount”) after you spend $30,000 or more during your cardmembership year.
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1X miles for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Group 1 boarding
- First checked bag free for the primary cardmember and up to four companions on eligible bags when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American Airlines
- No foreign transaction fees when you make purchases outside the U.S.
- Receive 25 percent in-flight savings on food, beverages and headsets
- Each anniversary year, earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date.
Applying for the Card
Direct link to application page (use code 356467 or 999999)
Barclay will usually only approve you for a card every 6 months. If you have a Barclay card, is bet to put some spend on it before applying for another card. They don’t like dormant cardholders. There’s no real limit on the number of cards you can have with Barclay.
They also have a 6/24 rule. That means that they might not approve you if you’ve had more than 6 new cards in the last 24 months. I say might because we’re not sure if it still applies, and even before it was never really a hard rule.
Now they also added the following language:
In addition, you may not be eligible for this offer if, at any time during our relationship with you, we have cause, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to suspect that the account is being obtained or will be used for abusive or gaming activity (such as, but not limited to, obtaining or using the account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings).
A pretty good offer if you’re in need of American Airlines Advantage miles. We have seen this Barclays Aviator Red 60K bonus in the past and the waived annual fee makes it even better.
Let me know what you think.