Amex Offer, Get Up to $15 When You Use Send & Split
Check your American Express credit cards for a new offer that can earn you up to $15 for using Send & Split. This option allows you to send money to and split purchases with friends and family who have Venmo or PayPal accounts. You can find this offer in your Amex consumer credit cards. Check out the details of the offer below.
Split a charge, get paid back $15+ to your Card, get a $5 bonus credit up to 3x:
- Enroll in Send & Split.
- Split a transaction in the Amex App with Venmo or PayPal users (tap any charge, then tap ‘Split It’).
- Once you’re paid back at least $15 to your Amex Card by your friends, we’ll give you an additional $5 credit to your enrolled Card.
Eligible to redeem up to three times through 1/17/2023.
How it Works
This is an easy offer to use. Here’s how it worked for me (on Android):
- Open your Amex account and tap a recent transaction of $15+ and tap “Split it”
- Tap “Next, and then “Enroll Now”
- Scroll down the details, check box and tap “Agree and “Enroll”
- Select if you want to link your account to Venmo or PayPal (either one works)
- Agree and connect accounts.
- Then select a contact you want to split the transaction with, and assign them a share of $15+
- Tap “Next”
- Make sure you choose pay back option as “Amex Statement Credit”
- Review with Venmo/PayPal and send request.
This is just for the fist Split. After that it’s quicker for the second and third Split as you can skip steps 2-5. I just did three Splits with P2 through Venmo and received the credits within two days.
- Enrollment limited.
- Once enrolled, you may earn the bonus credit by:(i) splitting a charge on your Card using Send & Split; and (ii) being paid back to your American Express Card by Venmo/Paypal users in the form of a statement credit in the amount equal to or greater than $15 by 1/17/2023.
- To use Send & Split, you must first enroll and link your Venmo and/or PayPal account. Once linked, you have access to two distinct features:(1) An Amex Send® Account to send money to other Venmo or PayPal users; and (2) The ability to split your American Express Card purchases with other Venmo or PayPal user(s) and get paid back directly to your Card as a statement credit. Please note that not all charges on your Card are eligible to be split through Send & Split.
- Each time you split an eligible transaction and get paid back $15 or more to your Card, you will receive an additional $5 statement credit from American Express on the Card you enrolled with, up to 3 times (total of $15).
- You may not receive the statement credit if: (i) you choose to get paid back to your Venmo or PayPal balance instead of to your Amex Card as the form of a statement credit (ii) the payback amount is less than $15. (iii) you are not paid back before the end of the offer term. (iv) you cancel the request. (v) the requestee declines or does not fulfill your request. (vi) your split request does not result in a credit back to<br>your Card including, without limitation, because your Venmo or PayPal account had a negative balance; (vii) your split request is not applied to your Card or rejected for including, without limitation, suspicion of fraud, money laundering, illegality or other reason; (viii) you request from your own Venmo or PayPal account.
Amex OffersAmex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your accounts either as a statement credit or extra Membership Rewards points for spending a certain amount at an eligible merchant. You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. Here are a few things you should know:
- You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person. So once you add it to one card, it disappears from other cards.
- You can use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer.
- Check out a few options to quickly way to add all offers at once, or use the MaxRewards app that even lets you save offers on multiple cards.
- For third party Amex cards you can the American Express Connect site to check for offers and also add them to your cards.
- See full list of Amex Offers here.
American Express is trying to get more people to use this feature which was first launched back in 2020. If you have the offer in your account, you need to use Send & Split and get paid $15 to earn a $5 credit. You can do this up to three times.