Amex Delta Gold Card, 90K Miles Offer Available When Booking a Flight
Last week, American Express and Delta Air Lines launched improved welcome bonuses on all six credit cards, and even better offers for the personal cards. But it is possible to find even better offers at least for the Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card. Besides the 70,000 bonus miles that are publicly available, you can also get an additional $200 credit, or 20,000 SkyMiles. Let’s see how the latter offer works, and where you can find it.
Earn 70,000 SkyMiles and $200 statement credit:
- To qualify for the 70,000 bonus miles, you must make eligible purchases with your Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card that total $2,000 or more (the “Threshold Amount”) within your first 3 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved.
- Earn 20,000 Bonus Miles after charging this flight’s Taxes & Fees to your new Card or making a Delta purchase on your new Card in your first 3 months (Miles issued up to 8-12 weeks after Delta purchase). Terms Apply.
- The introductory annual fee for the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card will be $0 for the first year of Card Membership. After that, the annual fee will be $99.
How to Find the Offer
To get this offer, you need to go to the Delta website and go through the steps of booking a flight. At the final page, “Trip Summary”, you should see the offer under your itinerary. A dummy booking is sufficient, meaning that you don’t have to actually book a flight. You could see the offer with the additional $200 credit, or this offer with the extra 20,000 SkyMiles.
Check the ‘Apply for the Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card’ box and you’ll be taken to the application page, showing the same offer. Fill out the information, and submit your application.
- Earn 2X miles at:
- restaurants, including takeout and delivery.
- U.S. supermarkets.
- Delta Purchases made directly with Delta.
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases.
- Spend $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit.
- Enjoy your First Checked Bag Free on Delta flights.
- Use Pay with Miles when you book on delta.com (5K miles = $50 discount)
- 20% Back on In-flight Purchases
- Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
Here are the terms related to eligibility for the welcome bonus:
- Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this or previous versions of this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
- If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the welcome offer in any way or that you intend to do so (for example, if you applied for one or more cards to obtain a welcome offer (s) that we did not intend for you; if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it; or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount), we may not credit the welcome offer to, we may freeze the welcome offer credited to, or we may take away the welcome offer from your account. We may also cancel this Card account and other Card accounts you may have with us.
This Amex Delta Gold 90K offer is as good as it gets. For most people 20,000 Delta SkyMiles will be more valuable than $200. If you get this welcome bonus to show up while booking a Delta flight, it is definitely worth going for, if you are eligible. With 90,000 Delta SkyMiles and waived annual fee, you get about $1,000 in value for the first year of card membership.
But the wording on this offer says that you need to charge “this flight’s taxes & fees to your new Card.” That makes it seem like you need to actually book the flight in order to get the extra 20,000 miles. Based on previous offers, any Delta purchase usually triggers these bonuses. But there is some risk.
While this is a great offer, also think about referrals. You can currently get 70,000 SkyMiles, plus $200 credit for home improvement stores, and the person referring you gets an additional 4X at the same select stores such as Home Depot and Lowe’s.