Amex Blue Cash Preferred Best Bonus
The American Express Blue Cash Preferred offers the best rate for supermarket purchases. You can get 6% back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year. You also get 6% on select U.S. streaming subscriptions and 3% on transit and gas. The card also usually has a decent welcome bonus. Now the bonus has gotten even better. You can get a total of $400 and the annual fee of $95 is waived the first year. However this bonus requires $1,000 in Amazon spend. This offer is showing up publicly, but also through referrals, but the offer that you get could vary.
Earn Up to $400 Back:
- Earn 20% back on Amazon.com purchases on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $200 back.
- Plus, earn $200 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership. You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months from the date of account opening, then a variable APR. (See Rates and Fees)
As mentioned above, not everyone will see the better offer. But you can check through the public link and referral links to see if get it to show up. You could try clean browsers as well, or switch up browsers altogether.
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in purchases then 1%)
- 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations
- 3% Cash Back on transit, including parking, tolls, trains and rideshares
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases
Applying for the Card
The welcome offer, intro APRs, and intro plan fees are not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. American Express may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer, intro APRs, and intro plan fee eligibility. If you’re not sure if you’ve had that card in the past, here’s how to check.
American Express has a limit of one approved credit card every 5 days and two approved cards every 90 days. You can combine the application with a charge card though. There is also a limit of 5 total American Express credit cards.
This Amex Blue Cash Preferred $400 welcome bonus with the waived annual fee is the best we have seen I believe. The previous best was $350. It does require you to spend $1,000 on Amazon purchases to get half of the bonus, so it only makes sense if you shop on Amazon often. It’s also available through referrals, which makes every Amex welcome bonus much better. The person referring you can also earn up to 30K points. Hopefully you can get the offer to show up by using different browsers and private windows.
HT: DoC & US Credit Card Guide
See Rates and Fees for Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.