Amex Adds 250 Hotels to FHR and THC Programs
American Express Travel is expanding its signature hotel programs and making it easier for Card Members to identify hotels that can have a positive impact on their local communities and the environment.
This year, Amex Travel added a record 250 new properties to its Fine Hotels + Resorts® and The Hotel Collection programs. The new additions include some of the most sought-after hotels around the world, including more destinations across Europe, luxury escapes outside New York City, top resorts in Mexico, and the first addition of a Japanese ryokan. Card Members can now choose from over 2,300 highly curated hotels across 300 destinations in 110 countries.
“The perfect hotel looks different to every traveler. Through growth and innovation, American Express Travel is offering more luxury hotel options in more destinations, and we are making it easier for Card Members to find and book hotels that align with their values. These hotels are doing exceptional things when it comes to social and environmental impact – from coral reef restoration to horse rehabilitation, to employing local refugees – we are excited to highlight through the ‘Stay with Purpose’ directory,” said Audrey Hendley, President of American Express Travel.
Among the list of hotels included in the ‘Stay with Purpose’ directory are:
- Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle, Thailand: Surrounded by the beauty of Chiang Rai, Thailand, the hotel encourages guests to participate in its environmental and biodiversity programs and engage in experiences that support the local community.
- Rosewood Baha Mar, Bahamas: Located on Nassau’s Cable Beach, the resort offers guests activities created to align with Baha Mar’s conservation efforts. This includes educational programming with The Bahamas Reef Environment Educational Foundation (BREEF) to learn about marine conservation and preservation, including a tour of a living art gallery and the opportunity to contribute to the growth of a coral reef nursery and BREEF’s vital conservation and restoration efforts.
- Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, Vietnam: Looking out to the East Vietnam Sea in Khanh Hoa, guests can immerse themselves in the local culture and come to understand the importance of helping to protect the community’s surrounding nature by signing up for exciting wildlife and conservation experiences, including a complimentary tour of its Earth Lab and an educational farming experience.
- The Lodge at Blue Sky, Auberge Resorts Collection, Utah: Located in Wanship, Utah, the private retreat helps reconnect guests with nature and gives them a taste of the Lodge’s social purpose to live in harmony with the land, including an opportunity for guests to learn about The Lodge’s unique style of natural horsemanship through its Equine Experiences program which helps rescue horses in the surrounding area.
- Wildflower Farms, Auberge Resorts Collection, Hudson Valley: Nestled in New York’s Hudson Valley, Wildflower Farms offers a nature-inspired luxury experience that helps connect guests to the environment and local area. Guests can unplug and relax with the hotel’s evergreen and seasonal experiences that include farm to table dining experiences, receiving botanical treatments at Thistle, an Auberge Spa, and taking farm foraging tours.
Luxury Hotel Benefits for Consumer Platinum Cards
Consumer Platinum Card Members get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection‡ bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card. The Hotel Collection requires a minimum two-night stay.
While booking through FHR might be more expensive is some cases, you get additional benefits that make it worthwhile. Here’s a look at one of my recent stays at Brenton Hotel in Connecticut.
Fine Hotels + Resorts
Amex Travel helps to simplify the travel process for Platinum Card Members by providing access to the Fine Hotels + Resorts program, a trusted and vetted list of premium hotels worldwide. Receive a complimentary suite of benefits that offer an average total value of $600 at properties worldwide, including:
- Guaranteed 4pm late check-out
- Noon check-in, when available
- Room upgrade upon arrival, when available
- Daily complimentary breakfast for two
- US $100 Experience Credit
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
The Hotel Collection
Platinum Card Members can also enjoy many benefits when they book through the Hotel Collection, such as room upgrades (when available) and an $100 unique amenity property credit at over 700 participating properties.