American Express Corporate Advantage Program
The American Express Corporate Advantage Program is a great way to save money on annual fees. To take part in this program you need to have an eligible Corporate Card Membership. If you do, you may have to receive up to a $150 statement credit for your personal cards, if you maintain the same Corporate Card account.
So how does this program work exactly? Corporate Card Membership is provided by select employers. The cards are given to employees for work expenses, and they look the same as regular American Express cards, besides the word ‘Corporate’ under the American Express logo. If you have one of these cards in your wallet then you can get a discount on annual fees for four personal American Express cards. These discounts come in the form of statement credit and vary between $50 and $150, depending which card you have.
You don’t have to worry about your company learning anything from your personal spending habits. Amex doesn’t share your personal card application and decision with your employer. And, your employer does not receive any incentive for you applying and will not see any activity on the Card.
If you leave the the company or no longer have your original Corporate Card, then you may not be eligible for the annual statement credit. This also happens if either your Personal Card account or the Corporate Card account is past due at the time of your Personal Card’s anniversary date.
Personal Card Recurring Annual Statement Credit
Currently there are only four cards eligible for this program:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: $150 statement credit
- American Express® Gold Card: $100 statement credit
- American Express® Green Card: $75 statement credit
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express: $50 statement credit
You need to enter your Corporate Card information here, to see if you are eligible to apply for a special Personal Card offer. If you already have one of these cards, call the number on the back of your Card or use the Live Chat feature on americanexpress.com for further assistance with getting your statement credit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for this Offer?
- Select American Express Corporate Card holders are eligible to apply for a special offer on select Personal American Express Cards. The Corporate Card must not be canceled or past due.
Will the Personal Card Annual Credit impact my existing Corporate Card in any way?
- No, the Annual Credit will not impact your Corporate Card in any way. Please call the number on the back of your Corporate Card if you have any questions about your Corporate Card Membership.
Is my company liable for my Personal Card payments?
- No, use of the Personal Card would not be related to your company or Corporate Card. You will be liable for all Personal Card payments.
Will my employer be notified that I applied for a Personal Card and can they see the activity on it?
- No, your Personal Card application and decision are NOT shared with your employer. Your employer does not receive any incentive for you applying and will not see any activity on the Card.
Will the Personal Card Annual Credit impact existing Corporate Card Membership Rewards programs?
- No, the Annual Credit does not impact the Corporate Card Membership Rewards program. You will still follow your company’s policies on Membership Rewards earned on your Corporate Card.
American Express Corporate Cards
These card are for large companies with millions in revenue. You usually need to show over $4 million in annual revenue. Corporate card approval is based on the creditworthiness of your corporation, not your personal credit. American Express currently has six corporate cards:
- American Express® Corporate Platinum Card
- American Express® Corporate Gold Card
- American Express® Corporate Green Card
- American Express®/Business Extra℠ Corporate Card
- American Express® Corporate Purchasing Card
- American Express® Corporate Meeting Card