American Airlines has launched a limited time status match offer for select Delta Air Lines SkyMiles and United Airlines MileagePlus elites. This offer only applies to the top tiers of its main competitors, who have a chance to match into the equivalent tier in the AAdvantage loyalty program. Check out the details of this promotion below.
American Airlines Status Match Offer
Have status with Delta or United? For a limited time, enjoy an exclusive offer to experience the equivalent AAdvantage® status tier. Here’s how it works:
- Submit proof of your earned status with Delta SkyMiles® or United MileagePlus®
- Receive approval and enrollment information for an Instant Status Pass™ from AAdvantage team
- Enjoy your matched status for 4 months with an opportunity to keep your benefits until the next membership year.
How to keep your matched status
Meet the Loyalty Point goals every 4 months to continue enjoying AAdvantage® status and move on to the next phase. Once you meet all 3 goals, you’ll qualify for status for the rest of the membership year.
Once enrolled, you’ll receive more details in your AAdvantage® account and the email associated with it.
Status Match Tiers
We’ll match your current airline status with the equivalent AAdvantage® status tier.
|AAdvantage Platinum Pro® status||AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status|
|Delta Air Lines SkyMiles®||Platinum Medallion||Diamond Medallion|
|United Airlines MileagePlus®||Premier Platinum||Premier 1K|
What you need
In order to request your matching AAdvantage status, you must submit proof that you have eligible Delta SkyMiles or United MileagePlus status. You have to send a screenshot of your SkyMiles or MileagePlus account, which the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Account overview:
- SkyMiles overview, including current status and status tracker wheels OR
- MileagePlus 2022 year-end snapshot
- Account activity:
- SkyMiles 2022 account activity with MQMs, MQSs and MQDs earned OR
- MileagePlus 2023 Premier progress
- Screenshot of your current membership card:
- SkyMiles: with an expiration date of January 31, 2024, or January 31, 2025.
- MileagePlus: with an expiration date of January 31, 2024, or January 31, 2025.
- To be considered for a status match via the American Airlines Instant Status Pass™ promotion, please complete the linked form. If approved, the member will automatically be registered for the Instant Status Pass™ promotion and enjoy 4 months of status with American Airlines while meeting a Loyalty Point goal every 4 months to keep status and move on to the next phase.
- Members who have registered for the Instant Status Pass™ promotion in the last two years are not eligible for this offer. Members who already hold the equivalent or higher AAdvantage® status are not eligible for this offer.
- Please allow at least 4 weeks for AAdvantage® Customer Service to review your submission.
- This offer is open for a limited amount of time. American Airlines may, at any time and without notice, change, stop, or end this promotion in part or in full.
We have seen a few airlines recently going after Delta SkyMiles members, after the airline’s drastic program changes. Carriers sch as Alaska Airlines and JetBlue have already targeted Delta customers with status matches.
And even though Delta walked back some of the negative changes, American Airlines is now going after those Delta loyalists (and MileagePlus members as well) who are looking for other options.
HT: Loyalty Lobby