Amazon’s New Devices
Amazon just announced a bunch of new gadgets, ahead of the busy holiday shopping season. The news comes just days after the retail giant revealed its new shopping event, Prime Early Access Sale, which will take place on Oct. 11 and 12.
Here are all the gadgets that were announced yesterday:
- Kindle Scribe
- Amazon introduced Kindle Scribe—the next generation of Kindle that unites reading with writing. Kindle Scribe features the world’s first 10.2-inch, 300 pixels per inch (ppi), Paperwhite display, and an included pen that never needs charging. The premium, front-lit, and glare-free display feels like reading and writing on paper, with crisp text and ample space for larger fonts, images, charts, and documents. Designed for reading and notetaking in millions of books, adding notes to documents, journaling, and more, Kindle Scribe is available for preorder today from just $339 and will ship later this year.
- Halo Rise
- Amazon introduced Halo Rise—a new, multi-purpose bedside tracker dedicated to helping improve your sleep. Halo Rise uses built-in sensor technology, quietly working in the background to provide highly accurate insights and personalized sleep analysis. It comes with six months of Halo membership for $139.99 and will ship later this year.
- Four new Echo devices
- The next generation of Echo Dot and Echo Auto gives you more ways to bring the convenience of Alexa to every room of your home and into your car. In addition, Amazon announced a new generation of Echo Dot Kids with new designs, significant audio improvements to Echo Studio, and a host of new features for Alexa—including a new Fire TV experience on Echo Show 15.
- Ring Spotlight Cam Pro
- Amazon just announced the Ring Spotlight Cam Pro, the Spotlight Cam Pro Solar and the Spotlight Cam Plus. The Spotlight Cam Pro is a new pro-tier security camera that has 3D motion detection, which can send motion alerts to your phone. The Spotlight Cam Plus now has multiple power options including solar, battery, wired and plug in.
- New Fire TV Cube
- The third generation of Fire TV Cube is Amazon’s best Fire TV streaming media player yet, with a new octa-core 2.0 GHz processor that makes it 20% more powerful than the previous generation. The supercharged processor increases app launch speeds, making this Fire TV’s smoothest and most fluid streaming media player experience to date. Fire TV Cube can be controlled entirely hands-free with Alexa and includes support for cinematic 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, HDR, and immersive Dolby Atmos audio. Plus, it offers a range of new features, including an HDMI input port, Wi-Fi 6E support, and Super Resolution Upscaling.
- New Fire TV Voice remote with customizable buttons
- Alexa Voice Remote Pro is a new premium remote built to help customers spend more time streaming and less time searching for the remote. It introduces a Remote Finder feature to help customers find misplaced remotes more easily. Simply say, “Alexa, find my remote” or use the dedicated Remote Finder button in Fire TV app, and Alexa Voice Remote Pro’s built-in speaker will emit an audible ring to attract your attention. Two new customizable buttons make getting to your favorite content and Alexa commands quicker and easier. You can personalize your remote by programming these buttons to create one-touch shortcuts to favorite apps, channels, and anything Alexa can do.
- New Fire TV Omni QLED Series
- The Amazon Fire TV Omni Series in QLED. Aside from its QLED display, the TV has Dolby Vision IQ and HDR10+ Adaptive for the first time. Support for those formats should help improve the picture quality, particularly in dark scenes where it might otherwise be hard to see everything on the screen. And the adaptive brightness features mean the picture adjusts if the room is overly brightened by the sun, or in a dark room.
- Pre-order here (affiliate link)
- Amazon, $15 Off When You Use Citi Card
- Try Amazon Photos, Get $15 Off $30 on Next Purchase (expires 12/15/22)
- Amazon Amex Offer: Earn Extra 5x, Up to 2,500 Total (expires 12/15/22)
- Shop with Amex Points, Up to 50% Discount (expires 12/31/22)
- Shop with Discover Cashback, Up to $30 Discount (expires 12/31/22)
- Shop with Chase Points, 50% Off, Up to $10 Discount (expires 12/31/22)
- Make Discover Your Default Payment, Get $10 Off (expires 12/31/22)
- Amazon, Get $12 Off Your Next $25+ Pickup Order (expires 12/31/22)
- Add $100+ to Your Amazon Balance, Get $12 Bonus (expires 12/31/22)
- Amazon App, $15 Off $25 on 2 Orders for First Time Users (expires 12/31/22)
- Bilt Mastercard, Get 500 Points when You Enroll in Amazon Shop with Points
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You should always check shopping portals such as Rakuten, TopCashback, RebatesMe and more for possible cashback.