Alaska Airlines Extends Cancellation and Change Fee Waiver
Alaska Airlines has improved its cancellation and change fee policy over coronavirus fears. The following rules wee already in effect as of March 4th:
- If you purchase a Saver fare between February 27, 2020 and March 31, 2020 for travel through February 28, 2021, you may:
- Cancel your trip and deposit the funds into your My Account wallet.
- If you purchase a nonrefundable First Class or Main fare between February 27, 2020 and March 31, 2020 for travel through February 28, 2021, you may:
- Make a one-time change with no change fee. New travel must be completed by February 28, 2021. A fare difference may apply to your new itinerary.
- Cancel your trip and deposit the funds into My Account wallet.
Tickets must be changed or canceled prior to the departure of your original flight. This waiver is valid only for tickets issued by Alaska Airlines, which you can identify by a 13-digit ticket number that begins with Alaska Airlines code “027”. Tickets issued by other airlines with a different carrier code (ticket numbers that don’t begin with “027”) are subject to the waiver policy of the other airline.
Rules Update on 3/9/20
Now flights booked on or before February 26th also qualify for a waiver. Here are the dates:
- Tickets Purchased On/Before: February 26, 2020
- Original Travel Dates: March 9, 2020 – March 31, 2020
- New Travel Dates: March 9, 2020 – February 28, 2021
You can see the full list of airline cancellation and change fee waivers here.