There’s a new Amex Offer out today that can save you up to 20% on Alaska flights. The offer is targeted so check your accounts to see if you have it.
Alaska Airlines Amex Offer
Get 5,000 additional Membership Rewards points (or $50) one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $250+ in one or more eligible transactions directly with Alaska Airlines by 12/31/2017.
- Offer valid for purchases made directly with Alaska Airlines through alaskaair.com, US reservation telephone line, or US mobile app.
- Purchase must be in USD to qualify.
- Purchases such as Virgin America flights are included if purchased through alaskaair.com.
- Not valid for purchases through third parties, agents, and affiliate sites that link to/from alaskaair.com.
- Excludes gift certificates, lounge passes, lounge memberships, hotel bookings, car rentals, ground transportation, vacation packages, insurance, purchase or gifting of mileage on Mileage Plan account, Alaska Airlines Company Store and purchases within lounges, aboard flights or at international airports.
Amex Offers are a great extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your account online and you will usually get a statement credit or earn extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant.
You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use. The new interface usually has issues so if you prefer the old one, you can log in here. Sometimes you see different offers with the old interface or mobile app, so it’s worth checking sometimes.
This is a good offer is you fly Alaska and have any paid flights planned. The spending can be done in one or more transactions which makes the offer easier to use.