6 Free Months of FoundersCard Membership
Update: This offer expires on May 31, 2021. It should be available to everyone, when applying here, or using promo code FCVIPAWALLET.
Award Wallet has sent out email to select customers with an offer to sign up and enjoy six free months of FoundersCard membership. The email is titled “Exclusive Invitation to Activate 6 Months of FoundersCard Membership” and I received it yesterday around noon.
The email says that “as someone who has elite status with a major travel brand,” I am invited to activate a Complimentary 6-month FoundersCard Membership. The offer terms note that this invitation is for new FoundersCard Members only and the invitation is non-transferable.
FoundersCard is a private membership club, with close to 50,000 members. It offers discounts at hundreds of merchants and travel partners. It also gives you elite status at hotels, airlines, and rental car companies. The membership costs $595 and also has a $95 initiation fee. But there are usually discounts, and when applying through referrals, you only pay the preferred rate of $395, and the $95 initiation fee is waived. So getting the service for free for six months seems like a great opportunity, but the offer notes that during the trial, certain benefits including status upgrades, may require a Membership upgrade to access.
If you received this offer and decide to sign up, your Membership starts the day you are approved and renews each year from that date. You will have immediate access to benefits. You will not be charged during your complimentary Membership period, which begins the day your application is approved, and ends 6 months from that date. You will be charged $395 for the annual Membership fee at the end of your complimentary Membership period. But you are eligible for a full refund as long as you contact FoundersCard within 60 days of that charge.
- Avis Rent A Car – Complimentary Upgrade + up to 25% off
- Caesars Rewards – Receive Complimentary Caesars Rewards® Diamond Status
- Cathay Pacific Airways – Complimentary Marco Polo Silver Status + up to 15% off fares
- Hertz – Save up to 20% and automatic Elite Status
- Hilton Honors – Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Marriott Bonvoy – Enroll in Marriott Platinum Elite Status Challenge
- Sixt Rent a Car – Platinum Status and 15% off rentals
- Virgin Atlantic – Receive Flying Club Silver Status + Fast Track to Gold
- See full benefits here.
As mentioned above, certain benefits including status upgrades might not be available during this 6 month period.