There’s a new targeted offer for the Chase Hyatt Credit Card. Instead of the two free nights, some people received emails with an offerfor 40,000 Hyatt points after you spend $2000 in 3 months, and additional 5,000 Hyatt points when you add an authorized user to your card within the first 3 months.
We can’t really say if this offer is better or worse than the two-free nights offer. It all depends on what properties appeal to you. With the points offer you can squeeze out more stays at lower end properties, but with the 2 free nights offer you get to experience higher end properties that would otherwise cost a fortune.
The 40K offer makes sense if you’re eyeing Categories 1-4. It also enables you to extend your points even further with points + cash stays. If I had the choice I would probably go for the 40K offer, since I’m happy as long as the room is clean, decent and has the basic amenities.
- Targeted by email
- 40,000 bonus points after you spend $2000 in 3 months
- 5,000 bonus points when you add an authorized user to your account
- 3 points per $1 spent at all Hyatt properties
- 2 points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airline, and at car rental agencies
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases made with your card
- Exclusive benefits with Platinum status as long as you’re a cardmember.* This includes a 15% point bonus on eligible spend, complimentary in-room Internet, 72-hour room guarantee, expedited check-in and a preferred reservation line
- No foreign transaction fees
- Protection benefits including Lost Luggage Reimbursement, Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Extended Warranty Protection, and more
- 1 free night every year after your cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 property
- $75 Annual Fee