$250 Bonus for American Express Personal Loan
American Express is offering select cardholders a $250 bonus for taking out a loan. The offer was sent out by email with subject “What could you do with an American Express Personal Loan”.
To be eligible to receive the $250 statement credit on your Card account, you must:
- apply for a Personal Loan using the link provided in this email by 01/31/2023;
- be approved for the Personal Loan; and
- sign the Personal Loan Agreement and complete all other steps necessary to receive disbursement of the loan funds.
The $250.00 statement credit will be credited to your Card account within 12 to 16 weeks from the date your Personal Loan is funded.
- Your Card account must not be in cancelled status at the time the statement credit is applied.
- The statement credit will not count as a payment towards your Minimum Payment Due, and you must pay your Minimum Payment Due in full by your due date.
- You’re responsible for learning about and paying any federal, state, or local taxes that may result from the statement credit. Please consult your tax advisor if you have questions about the tax treatment of the statement credit.
- This offer is non-transferrable, cannot be combined with any other special offer, and limited to only one offer per eligible Card Member during the offer period.
- If we, in our sole discretion, determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the offer in any way or that you intend to do so, we may not credit the offer to, we may freeze the offer credited to, or we may take away the offer from your Card account.
This look like a decent offer considering that there are no origination fees and you can repay the loan early with no penalties form what I see.
The offer is targeted so you must have received an email directly in order to apply for a loan and get the $250 bonus. Some cardholders have received similar emails but without the bonus.