Barclays Launches New Xbox Mastercard
Barclays and Xbox introduced today the no annual fee Xbox Mastercard. With the Xbox Mastercard credit card, players can earn card points with everyday purchases to redeem on games and add-ons at xbox.com.
You can earn 5X on eligible products at the Microsoft Store, and 3X on streaming services and food delivery. New cardmembers can get a bonus of 5,000 card points (a $50 value) and three months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate after their first purchase. So clearly this is not a card for everyone. You can possibly make sense of it if you’re spending tons of money on Xbox purchases.
The Xbox Mastercard will be available exclusively to Xbox Insiders in the 50 United States beginning on September 21, with availability to all Xbox players in the 50 United States coming in 2024.
- A bonus of 5,000 card points (a $50 value) after their first purchase.
- Three months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for new Game Pass members after their first purchase. If they’re already a Game Pass member, they can easily gift it to a friend to play together.
You must be at least 18 years of age. This offer is available only to applicants who are residents of the United States, with the exception of the US territories. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this Program. See full terms and conditions here.
How to Apply
If you’re an Xbox Insider with residence in the continental United States, Alaska, or Hawaii, you can apply starting on September 21. The Xbox Mastercard will be available in waves to Xbox Insiders throughout this fall.
We look forward to hearing feedback and we’ll continue to find new ways to deliver value to the Xbox community for playing the games they love.
With the Xbox Mastercard, players can earn card points for every $1 spent on purchases including:
- Xbox & Microsoft – Earn 5x card points on eligible products at the Microsoft Store.
- Streaming Services – Earn 3x card points on eligible streaming services like Netflix® and Disney+®.
- Dining Delivery Services – Earn 3x card points on eligible dining delivery services like Grubhub® and DoorDash®.
- Everyday purchases – Earn 1x card points on all other everyday purchases.
Cardmembers will also get access to more benefits including:
- Choice of one of five iconic designs for their card, with the option of personalizing it with their gamertag.
- Flexibility of use with contactless payments and digital wallets.
- Free online access to cardmembers’ FICO Credit Score, which allows users to keep an eye on their credit score and receive alerts when their score has changed.
- $0 Fraud Liability protection, so cardmembers are not responsible for charges they didn’t authorize.