World of Hyatt Extends Program Benefits Plus Award Chart Changes
This month World of Hyatt launched a great global promotion, Bonus Journeys. And today Hyatt announced that it is extending several benefits for all members globally, giving them increased flexibility during these exceptional times, as well as peace of mind when booking travel.
Extending World of Hyatt Loyalty Benefits
To give members one less thing to worry about during this challenging time, World of Hyatt will further extend the following benefits for all members globally:
- More time to use points:
- Previously suspended through December 31, 2020, World of Hyatt is now suspending the forfeiture of points through June 30, 2021. As a reminder, the general policy is that points do not expire, but they will be forfeited if a member’s account is inactive for 24 months.
- More time to use earned awards:
- Awards with 2021 Expiration: All unused Suite Upgrade and Club Lounge Access awards with February 28, 2021 expiration dates will be extended to December 31, 2021. In addition, all unused Free Night awards that were earned in 2020 with 2021 expiration dates will be extended to December 31, 2021.
- Previously announced, but important reminders:
- Awards with 2020 Expiration: All unused Free Night, Suite Upgrade and Club Lounge Access awards with expiration dates between March 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 will be extended to December 31, 2021.
- More time for elite members to enjoy their status and benefits: Status and benefits have been extended for elite members without having to re-qualify. This means that whatever your status was as of March 31, 2020 – whether Discoverist,
Explorist or Globalist – it was updated and now reflects a February 28, 2022 expiration date.
Award Chart Updates
To provide members advance notice to plan ahead and get the most out of their points for free nights, World of Hyatt is making the following updates to its award chart:
- Off-peak and Peak point redemption further postponed: World of Hyatt is further postponing the introduction of Off-peak and Peak point redemption (originally planned for March 22, 2020) until July 2021. This means that free-night redemptions will continue to be at standard rates through June 2021.
- Annual hotel award chart changes announced: With only a few exceptions, World of Hyatt is suspending its 2021 hotel category award chart changes that typically occur each March. This means that most hotels will remain in their current categories and be redeemable for the same number of points in 2021 as they were in 2020, with a few current exceptions. You can view the list of current hotels shifting award categories here.
- 12 hotels will be shifting to a lower award category effective October 29, 2020. This means members will soon be able to enjoy free night awards for less points at Hyatt hotels including Grand Hyatt Vail (from category 7 to 6), Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel (from category 5 to 4), The Lodge at Spruce Peak, A Destination Hotel (from 8 to 7), and Park New York (from category 6 to 5), and more.
- Four hotels will be shifting to a higher award category effective mid-March 2021, requiring more points to redeem for a free night award. You can view the list of current hotels shifting award categories here.
Full List of Award Chart Changes
Hotels Moving Down & Requiring Fewer Points (effective October 29, 2020):
- Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel from category 5 to 4
- Wailea Grand Champions Villas, A Destination Residence from category 6 to 5
- Wailea Ekolu Village, A Destination Residence from category 6 to 5
- Wailea Ekahi Village, A Destination Residence from category 6 to 5
- Lichenhearth, A Destination Residence from category 6 to 5
- Parker New York from category 6 to 5
- Grand Hyatt Vail from category 7 to 6
- Mauna Lani Point, A Destination Residence from category 7 to 6
- Wailea Elua Village, A Destination Residence from category 8 to 7
- Kaanapali Alii, A Destination Residence from category 8 to 7
- Vail Residences at Cascade Village, A Destination Residence from category 8 to 7
- The Lodge at Spruce Peak, A Destination Hotel from category 8 to 7
Hotels Moving Up & Requiring More Points (effective mid March 2021):
- Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport from category 2 to 3
- Hyatt House Nashville/Downtown-SoBro from category 4 to 5
- Mar Monte Hotel part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt from category 4 to 5
- Park Hyatt Aviara from category 5 to 6
Reminder: Register for Bonus Journeys Promo
Additionally, members have the most rewarding opportunity yet to accelerate point earnings and boost tier status when they start traveling again with the return of the Bonus Journeys global promotion. From October 1, 2020 through January 4, 2021, World of Hyatt members can earn up to quadruple Points starting with their first qualifying stay at 1000+ locations worldwide. Plus, qualifying nights count twice – once in 2020 and again in 2021 – which means members can get a head start on earning tier status and Milestone Rewards for the following year. For full promotion details including terms and conditions, please visit hyatt.com/bonusjourneys.
More Rewarding Offers
On top of earning points and boosting tier status with the most rewarding Bonus Journeys to date, members also have the opportunity to take advantage of other exclusive and valuable offers, intended to appeal to a variety of travelers and stay occasions.
- Work from Hyatt Package – At more than 50 participating hotels and resorts in the U.S., Mexico and Caribbean, this package transforms a work-from-home routine into a memorable working vacation.
- New Hotel 500 Bonus Point Offer – Members can explore new places and reward their spirit of adventure by earning 500 Bonus Points for qualifying nights at new Hyatt hotels around the world.
- Free Nights on Sale – World of Hyatt members can receive 15% of their redeemed points back as Bonus Points, plus free parking, when they redeem points for free night stays, now through January 4, 2021. World of Hyatt and Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can receive an additional 10% of their redeemed points back as Bonus Points.
- Dine Local, Earn Triple Points – World of Hyatt members can continue treating themselves when dining close to home by earning triple points on eligible spend for dine-in, takeout or delivery (when not staying the night) at participating outlets at Hyatt hotels and resorts, now extended through January 4, 2020.