Today is National Taco Day, and restaurants around the country are serving up great deals to celebrate your favorite tortilla-based food. Last year, Americans ate more than 4.5 billion tacos, weighing 775 million pounds, according to the National Taco Day website.
Check out your local restaurants as they’ll surely have some sort of deal today. If you’re in NYC, see these best 25 tacos in the city. And here’s some deals in chains nationwide. Let me know of any other deals out there:
- LivingSocial – Not really a taco deal, but a 25% off select deals with promo code TACOS. Maximum discount of $20. Today only.
- On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina – The popular Mexican chain is offering $0.50 mini crispy tacos all day at participating restaurants. You can click here for a list of locations.
- Chevy’s Fresh Mex – Chevy’s is holding a special contest: Customers who finish a 4-pound taco within 30 minutes will be awarded free tacos for one year, but only if they participate at a Clifton or Linden, N.J. location. You can click here for locations.
- Green Leaf’s – If you spend $5 at a participating Green Leaf location, customers can get one free Baja Street Taco.
- Del Taco – Customers can enjoy three value tacos for $1.29 from 3-11 p.m. Though it’s worth noting Del Taco offers these deals every Tuesday, so National Taco Day is no different.
- El Fenix – The 23 restaurants in the Mexican chain founded in 1918 in Dallas will offer a design-your-own taco plate for $4.98. The deal is good through Sunday with a coupon
- Salsarita’s Fresh Cantina – The two taco combo will be $5 for one day only
- Margaritas Mexican Restaurant – A free regular taco to anyone who orders the two-pound Taco Gigante on Tuesday
- Tres Carnes (NYC) – For NYC based readers, all New York City locations will hand out free mini tacos from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday
- California Tortilla – California Tortilla is a chain with locations in Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida. To honor National Taco Day it’s running a buy one taco, get one taco free deal every Tuesday in October