Venmo Credit Card, $150 Bonus for Select Users
The Venmo Credit Card launched two months ago for select customers. The Venmo Credit Card lets you earn custom cashback rewards and syncs seamlessly with the Venmo app. However, there was no bonus at launch and there is no public bonus now either. However, some people are receiving emails with an offer to earn $150 when applying for the card before January 15. Keep reading for the details of the offer.
You’re invited to apply for the new Venmo Credit Card. Earn a $150 cash back bonus after you spend $1,000 in the first 180 days of account opening. Apply by January 15, 2021 to be eligible.
- To qualify for this offer, you must apply for a new Venmo Credit Card account by 11:59 p.m. ET on January 15, 2021, and subsequently be approved.
- Offer may only be redeemed by the eligible participant, such eligibility to be determined by Venmo in its sole discretion.
- Cash advances do not qualify towards the net eligible purchases of $1,000.
- Fulfillment of the reward via an automatic transfer to the Venmo account will occur no later than 45 days after net eligible purchase qualification threshold is met.
- Both your Venmo account and the Venmo Credit Card account must remain open, be in good standing, and not become delinquent at the time the reward is awarded.
- This promotional offer is in addition to and does not replace the Cash Back Rewards program as detailed in the Rewards Program Terms.
Venmo Card Details
The Venmo Credit Card offers the following earning rates:
- 3% cash back on the category in which you spend the most
- 2% back on the second-highest category
- 1% back on all other purchases
- No annual fee.
The first and second highest spending categories will be automatically detected each month based on where you spend the most. So you do not have to activate anything. There are a total or 8 categories available: grocery, dining and nightlife, travel, gas, transportation, bills and utilities, health and beauty, and entertainment. Throughout the month, you’ll be able to see what your top spending categories are and which earn 3% and 2% from the Venmo app.
The card has an interesting earning structure. You can get 3% cash back on the category in which you spend the most. Categories include grocery, dining, travel, gas, and more. That’s pretty good for a no fee card. If you are targeted for this offer by email, it makes it easier to make a decision to apply since you can also get a $150 bonus. Email subject is “<Name>, you’re invited! Earn a $150 bonus with the new Venmo Credit Card.”