United Upgrades Polaris Experience with New Amenities
United today announced the largest upgrade to its United Polaris international business class experience in seven years, debuting new in-airport and onboard amenities from Therabody and Saks Fifth Avenue that are designed to give customers “the best sleep in the sky.”
The new Therabody offerings include an onboard amenity kit that features an eye serum, face spray, hand cream and cleansing towelette exclusive to United customers, as well as access to Therabody devices like the Lounger, Theragun and RecoveryAir JetBoots in United Polaris lounges and inflight wellness videos on the airline’s Inflight Entertainment screens. And the new Saks Fifth Avenue bedding includes select items that are made with recycled plastic and feature a new limited-edition day blanket from fashion designer Claude Kameni.
United is adding these new amenities as demand for international travel surges and the carrier continues to expand its role as the largest airline across both the Atlantic and Pacific.
United’s Therabody collaboration includes wellness products across the entire travel experience – in United Polaris lounges, onboard United Polaris business class and online for United MileagePlus® members to earn miles on purchases.
Onboard, customers can experience a new amenity kit that features exclusive TheraFace skincare products that are designed to help passengers feel refreshed upon landing. Tucked inside a reusable belt bag made with recycled plastic, customers will find:
- TheraFace eye serum: United is the only U.S. airline that offers an eye serum in its amenity kit. Crafted with ingredients like niacinamide, caffeine, hyaluronic acid, Vitamin B5 and allantoin, the serum helps reduce puffiness, enhance hydration, soothe the delicate eye area and improve the skin’s barrier function.
- TheraFace face spray: Formulated to help soothe, hydrate and protect the skin, this spray features hyaluronic acid, Vitamin B5, calendula flower extract, aloe leaf juice and glycerin.
- TheraFace cleansing towelette: Wipe-off the travel day without drying the skin thanks to ingredients like Vitamin B5 and E, calendula flower extract, aloe leaf juice and glycerin.
- TheraFace hand cream: Avoid dreaded dry hands thanks to ingredients like niacinamide, shea butter, hyaluronic acid, sweet almond oil and Vitamin B5. Both the hand cream and face spray are available in the onboard lavatories as well.
- The must-haves: The kit also includes go-to amenities for arriving refreshed, including a bamboo toothbrush, toothpaste, eye mask, ear plugs, socks and a pen.
Customers can also access free wellness videos onboard from Therabody’s team of experts. The videos are tailored for passengers looking to incorporate simple, effective wellness practices into their trip, like movement, breathwork and guided meditations that support relaxation and sleep.
At the airport, Therabody’s Reset Suites are scheduled to open this fall at all United Polaris lounges, starting with New York/Newark and San Francisco lounges late October and followed-by Chicago O’Hare, Houston Intercontinental, Los Angeles and Washington Dulles. It is anticipated that every lounge will offer at least one semi-private room each outfitted with Therabody wellness technology, including one Therabody Lounger, which combines sound and vibration therapy for full body relaxation. Additional amenities available through lounge valets include the Theragun and RecoveryAir JetBoots to support circulation, lymphatic drainage and muscle recovery and aid in decreased swelling and stiffness, plus SmartGoggles to help customers feel more relaxed. The TheraFace skin and body care products are also available in the United Polaris lounge restrooms and showers.
And for travelers who want to take the Therabody experience home, MileagePlus members can now earn up to six MileagePlus miles per dollar spent on Therabody purchases online at www.united.com/therabody. This offer is available for MileagePlus members in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia, New Zealand and select locations in Europe.
Refreshed Bedding by Saks Fifth Avenue
Passengers can now enjoy the signature United Polaris lie-flat seats under refreshed Saks Fifth Avenue bedding that features a modern design and select items made with recycled plastic.
- Large pillow and duvet…and an extra cool gel pillow – United Polaris is the only U.S. business class cabin that provides two pillows per person and the only airline to offer a cool gel pillow.
- Limited-edition day blanket – Featuring a pattern by fashion designer Claude Kameni and made from 100% recycled plastic, the day blanket offers additional warmth and comfort. Kameni is a self-taught, Cameroon-native designer who won a competition to design the new United Airlines x Saks Fifth Avenue day blanket, as part of Saks’ designer accelerator program, The New Wave. The design reflects Claude’s sharp eye for patterns and colors and Saks’ fashion-forward point of view, in addition to the modern United brand experience. The limited-edition blanket will be available through early 2024.
Elevated Food & Beverage
United is in the midst of an ongoing journey to elevate the Polaris food and beverage offerings onboard. So far this year, United added more than 20 new wine, beer and liquor brands to its menu, including award-winning brands like Whispering Angel, Groth, Caymus Mer Soleil and Tito’s, and will introduce additional brands later this year including JUSTIN Justification and Bell’s.
United also brought back customer favorites like the ice cream sundae cart in February, added an appetizer service and introduced nearly 100 new menu items across all cabins and routes. Customers can also see onboard menus in advance of their flight via the United app and website and pre-order their meal of choice.