UBS Visa Infinite Card, 50K Points Bonus and Waived Fee
The UBS Visa Infinite credit card has a new increased bonus of 100,000 points. This UBS Visa Infinite Card bonus is broken down in two parts. You get 50,000 points if you meet the spending requirement within 3 months and then 50,000 more when you pay the $495 annual fee after your one year anniversary. The card comes with extra perks and benefits for travelers. 100K points can be worth up to 1,800 in value on airfare.
- To receive the initial 50,000 Bonus Rewards Points you must make $10,000 in eligible purchases on your UBS Visa Infinite credit card within 3 months of bonus rewards points account opening.
- To receive an additional 50,000 Bonus Rewards Points the annual fee in the second year must be paid (for a possible total of 100,000 Bonus Rewards Points).
The annual fee for the UBS Visa Infinite credit card will be waived for the first year of card membership. After that, the annual fee will be $495.
- Allow 6 to 8 weeks for Bonus Rewards Points to post to your account.
- This bonus offer is not available to either current or previous UBS credit card members.
- Must apply by July 31, 2020.
- This promotional offer is only available for clients who have a UBS account at the time of credit card application.
- US citizens and permanent residents only
- Read my review here.
Redeeming Reward Points
The best redemption is on airfare, where you get a maximum value of up to 1.8 cents per reward point. You can redeem 25,000 rewards points for one ticket up to $350 or 50,000 rewards points for one ticket up to $900 on any commercial airline. Tickets must be booked through UBS and charged to your UBS Visa Infinite credit card.
For tickets costing more than $350 or $900, you must pay the difference using additional rewards points at a rate of 5,000 points for any additional cost of up to $50 of ticket value. Additional payments may be made only in increments of 5,000 points.
Other redemption options are statement credit for 1cpp or paying for the annual fee at 1.4cpp.
This is a great bonus, especially if you can maximize the value of points. But without being able to fly right now that will be difficult to do right away. With 50,000 points you can get up to $900 worth towards airfare. Even paying the fee for the second years can be worth it. Plus the card has lots of other benefits that can offset the fee such as Priority Pass membership and up to $500 credit for any airport club, $250 credit for any qualifying air travel expenses, complimentary Gogo inflight Wi-Fi on 12 flight segments per year and $100 toward Global Entry or TSA Pre√. After that, is probably not worth holding on long term.
Not everyone will be able to apply though. The offer is only available for clients who have a UBS account.