Transfer Points Between Choice Hotels and Radisson Rewards Americas
Last summer, Choice Hotels acquired Radisson Hotels Americas for approximately $675 million from Radisson Hotel Group. But until now the loyalty programs of the two companies have remained separate.
Today finally, Choice Hotels announced that travelers can exchange points between the two loyalty programs at a rate of two Radisson Rewards Americas points per one Choice Privileges point. Every 2 points exchanged out of your Radisson Rewards Americas account results in 1 point being delivered to your Choice Privileges account. Conversely, every 1 point exchanged out of your Choice Privileges account results in 2 Points being delivered to your Radisson Rewards Americas account.
After you link your accounts, you can transfer between 500 and 250,000 Choice points or 1,000 and 500,000 Radisson points per transaction. Transfers are usually instant, but may sometimes take up to 24 hours. There’s a limit of 12 exchanges in total each calendar year.
Choice Hotels offers status matching with Radisson Hotels Americas following the company’s acquisition. Now, with the expanded option to exchange points between programs, travelers can reap the benefits of both loyalty programs even more easily, including:
- Redeeming points at more than 7,500 properties across a diverse set of 22 brands in 46 countries and territories. Award nights start at 6,000 Choice Privileges Points or 12,000 Radisson Rewards Americas points.
- Access to lower, member-only rates when booking directly with Choice Privileges or Radisson Rewards Americas. Other membership benefits may include room upgrades, early check-in, late check-out and more.
- Ability to redeem points for gift cards at top gas, restaurant and retail brands.
- Ability to redeem points for stays at Bluegreen Vacations, PENN Entertainment casino resorts and hotels and now at the iconic Las Vegas hotel Circus Circus Hotel & Casino.
- Ability to redeem points for exclusive college sports experiences through Choice Privileges Experiences, including access to the court, game tunnel, meet-and-greets and more— with redemptions starting at 40,000 Choice Privileges Points.
To exchange points, guests need to be members of both Choice Privileges and Radisson Rewards Americas, which are free to join. Members can log into their account on either ChoiceHotels.com or RadissonHotelsAmericas.com and follow the prompts to exchange points between accounts.
For Choice Privileges members, this creates the opportunity to redeem points at more than 600 Radisson Hotels Americas properties, including resorts in the sought-after vacation destinations of Aruba, Punta Cana, or Miami, and top cities like Toronto. In addition to the thousands of Choice Privileges participating properties that Radisson Rewards Americas members can redeem points at, they can continue redeeming at Radisson Hotels in United States, Canada, Caribbean, and Latin America.