From 6/26/15 to 7/16/15 you can earn 2x points when you purchase Visa gift cards at Stop & Shop (or Giant). You have to present your Stop & Shop card when purchasing the gift cards and also when redeeming your points at the gas station.
Here’s how it works. Every 100 points are worth $0.10 off per gallon on your fill up of up to 35 gallons. If you buy a $500 Visa gift card and you will receive 1000 points. That would be $1.00 off per gallon. Multiply that by how many gallons you can pump in one fill up, to calculate your profits. The limit is 35 gallons. The more you can pump in one transaction, the better the deal gets.
If you buy more than one gift card, you’ll obviously get more points but you can only redeem up to 2200 points per transaction, which is $2.20 off per gallon. Points can be reedemed at Stop & Shop gas stations and at participating Shell locations which can be found here. In New Jersey, savings apply after fueling at the posted price and will appear on the receipt. If you don’t have a Stop&Shop near you, the deal should be available at Grant as well.
Don’t buy too many cards if you don’t drive much and try to fill up with an empty tank to maximize your profits. I usually drive about 1300 miles per month, so this offer should add up to some nice savings.
Stop & Shop Gas Rewards
- Total discount cannot exceed price per gallon
- The discount can only be used on one vehicle, limited to the tank’s capacity, not to exceed 35 gallons
- Earned points are available for redemption within 24 hours
- Gas Rewards points are valid for 30 days from the day they are earned; your date of purchase is Day 1
- Your available points will be redeemed in 100 point increments
Read more here on how to use your points.
HT: frequent miler