Southwest Sale, One Way Fares Start at Just $39
There’s a new Southwest fare sale out today. The airline is running a big fall fare sale, featuring discounted flights all over the country for as little as $39. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good. The cheapest fares are for travel within Hawaii for there’s more routes starting at $49 or more.
The deals apply to flights traveling between October 8, 2019, through March 4, 2020, and there are a few blackout dates in November around Thanksgiving. Also, the cheapest fares on a number of the listed routes are only available on specific days. Must purchase by September 26.
Travel dates and restrictions are are follows:
- Continental U.S. travel valid October 8, 2019, through March 4, 2020.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 22, November 24, November 26-27, November 30-December 2, December 19-23, December 26, 2019 – January 1, 2020; January 4-5, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid October 8, 2019, through March 4, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel blacked out November 22-December 2 & December 19, 2019 through January 6, 2020.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid October 15 through December 5, 2019, and January 13 through March 5, 2020.
- International travel valid October 15 through December 11, 2019, and January 7 through March 5, 2020.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- 14-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from September 24 through September 26, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Fares valid on domestic, nonstop service only.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
These are decent deals from Southwest. It’s definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. Fares are nonrefundable but credit may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Use a Southwest credit card or Amex Platinum (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve(3x on travel), or any of the best credit cards for travel purchases. You can also use travel credit from cards such as Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.