Southwest Sale – One Way Fares from $49, Travel Through Dec. 17
Check out this new Southwest sale featuring discounted flights all over the country starting from $39 within Hawaii and $49 everywhere else. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good. Check out these credit card offers that will help you get a Companion Pass.
This deal on everyone’s favorite budget-friendly carrier is running through Thursday, August 27, 2020. There are some restrictions and blackout dates, but there are plenty of opportunities to find your next getaway and start dreaming of traveling once again. And remember, Southwest never charges rescheduling or cancellation fees. The deals apply to flights from August 1 through February for Continental U.S. and April for Hawaii.
Travel dates and restrictions are are follows:
- Continental U.S. travel valid September 8, 2020 through February 10, 2021.
- Continental U.S. to/from Hawaii travel valid November 1, 2020 through April 8, 2021.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid September 8, 2020 through April 8, 2021.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico travel valid September 8 through December 3, 2020 & January 11 through March 4, 2021.
- International travel valid September 8 through December 9, 2020 & January 11 through March 4, 2021.
Except as otherwise specified, continental U.S. travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, and Las Vegas and from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando to Las Vegas is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando and Las Vegas and from Las Vegas to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, and Orlando is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid Monday – Thursday. Travel to Mexico is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Mexico is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- 14-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase by 8/27 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Fares valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Fares not available to/from continental U.S. to/from Hawaii.
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but that’s not guaranteed.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines®, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
These are good deals from Southwest, and the fact that you can book through December makes it more enticing. Fares are nonrefundable but credit may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. If you use Rapid Rewards points the fares are fully refundable. If you’re not familiar with Southwest, you should know that the airline does not assign seats. So be ready to check in exactly 24 hours before your flight time, so you can get a good spot in line to board early and grab some good seats.
Use a Southwest credit card or Amex Platinum (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve(3x on travel), or any of the best credit cards for travel purchases. You can also use travel credit from cards such as Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.