There’s a new Southwest Winter Sale with fares as low as $49 one-way. Book by November 29, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city to take advantage of this sale. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good.
Travel dates are are follows:
- Continental U.S. travel valid December 10, 2018, through May 22, 2019.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out December 21-23, December 26-27, December 29-30, 2018; January 1-2 2019.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid January 14 through February 28, 2019, and April 23 through May 16, 2019.
- International travel valid January 8 through March 6, 2019, and April 23 through May 16, 2019.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- 14-day advance purchase required for Continental U.S. and 21-day advance purchase required for San Juan, Puerto Rico and International travel.
- Orange County, CA (SNA) fares valid for 2019 travel only.
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but that’s not guaranteed.
These are good deals from Southwest. It’s definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. Fares are nonrefundable but credit may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Use a Southwest credit card or Amex Platinum (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or any of the best credit cards for travel purchases. You can also use travel credit from your Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Or hopefully you picked up some discounted Southwest gift cards during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.