Citi Prestige credit card has a signup bonus of 75,000 ThankYou Points. The bonus was announced about 2 weeks ago, but now there’s a public link on the Citi website.
Offer & Requirements
Earn 75,000 bonus ThankYou Points after you spend $7,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.2 Points are redeemable for flights on any airline, anytime with no blackout dates when booked through the ThankYou Travel Center, or gift cards redeemed from the ThankYou Rewards collection.
$450 annual fee. $50 annual additional user fee.
- Each year a $250 Air Travel Credit will automatically be applied to flight-related expenses charged to your card, including airline tickets, baggage fees, upgrades and more. This means that you can get the credit twice within the first year of cardmembership, more than offsetting the annual fee.
- Extend your trip with a complimentary 4th night stay at any hotel of your choice after a minimum 4–consecutive night booking through the Citi Prestige Concierge. The benefit will be calculated as the average nightly rate of your total stay, not including taxes.
- Enjoy complimentary access to hundreds of VIP lounges through Priority Pass Select.
- Receive a $100 Global Entry application fee credit. Once approved for Global Entry by the U.S. Government, you can bypass long lines and enjoy expedited entry into the U.S.
- Citi Concierge helps you save valuable time with a staff of specially-trained experts who are ready 24/7 to assist you with your travel, shopping, dining, entertainment and everyday needs.
Citi’s 24-Month Rule
Citi restricts bonuses to just one per product family per 24 months for personal and business cards. So for example if you received a AAdvantage bonus recently, you can not get a second one again until 24 month after the last application. The worst part is that 24 month clock resets whenever you open OR close a card within that family. This application has that 24-month restriction, so it won’t be useful to most readers.
From time to time certain applications have surfaced on Citi’s site that don’t contain this bonus language, but I don’t recall this being the case with Citi Prestige.
75,000 ThankYou points is a great bonus, but it also requires you to spend a large amount in 3 months. Make sure you have the means to spend $7,500 in that time frame.
The card does have a $450 annual fee that is not waived the first year, you get a $250 Air Travel Credit annually. You can get that credit twice while paying only one annual fee, so you already come out ahead by $50. On top of that you also get Priority Pass Select, 4th night free and a $100 Global Entry application fee credit.
Earning potential is also good, with 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels, 2x points on Dining at Restaurants. Points can be redeemed for travel at 1.25 cents each.
There were changes to the card recently, with some benefits removed and others kind of diluted. But the card still remains a strong option and should be worth getting for most people that are eligible for the bonus.
Do you plan on applying?
- Apply Here (direct link)
- 75,000 bonus ThankYou Points after you spend $7,500 in purchases within the first 3 months
- 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1x point on all other purchases
- $250 Air Travel Credit annually
- Complimentary 4th Night
- Access to Priority Pass Select Lounges
- $100 Global Entry application fee credit
- No foreign transaction fees
- $450 annual fee, not waived
- $50 annual additional user fee