There’s a new Southwest Summer Sale with fares as low as $44 one-way, or 2,468 points plus $5.60. You need to book from June 5 through June 7, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city to take advantage of this sale. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good.
Travel dates are are follows:
- Domestic travel valid August 21 through December 12, 2018.
- Domestic travel blacked out August 31, September 3, November 16-27, 2018.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 5 through December 6, 2018.
- International travel valid August 21 through December 12, 2018.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- 21-day advance purchase required.
- Fares valid on domestic, nonstop service only.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Fares not available to/from Albany, New York.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel may require an upgrade to the Anytime fare depending on Rapid Rewards® tier status.
These are good deals from Southwest, which was voted as the best airline in North America from customers. It’s definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. Fares are nonrefundable but credit may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. You can also use Southwest gift cards to save an extra 10%. Otherwaise use a Southwest credit card or Amex Platinum (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare). You can also use travel credit from your Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.