Small Luxury Hotels partnered with World of Hyatt last year. They have a total of 500 independent boutique luxury hotels in 80 countries. You can earn or redeem points when you book SLH properties through the Hyatt website or app. Hyatt credit cards also earn bonus points at these properties.
But Small Luxury Hotels also has its own loyalty program called ‘Invited’. Now they are making changes to the program with new names and requirements. The changes go into effect on September 10, 2019.
Previously Small Luxury Hotels’ Invited program had these three tiers:
- Invited – Earn with first stay
- Inspired – Earned with 1-5 stays
- Indulged – Earned with 6+ stays
Starting September 10, 2019, the three tiers will be renamed and will be based on nights instead of stays:
- Intrigued – 0 to 3 nights
- Inspired – 4 to 12 nights
- Indulged – 13+ nights
With the new names and requirements there’s also changes to what benefits you get with each tier of the Invited program. Here’s what the old benefits look like.
The new benefits look like this:
Negative changes overall. One of the main changes is the fact that they are moving from stay requirements to nights. That could actually work out better for those with few longer stays. But the benefit changes have removed free breakfast for the lowest tier. Previously you would get that right away with your first stay. Now you need to reach the Inspired level.
On the plus side though, you can do better through they Hyatt partnership. All World of Hyatt members receive the following benefits as long as they book through the Hyatt website or app:
- Complimentary wifi
- Daily complimentary continental breakfast
- Room upgrade (one category at check-in, if available)
- Early check-in (noon, based upon availability at check-in)
- Late check-out (2:00PM, based upon availability at check-in