Sam’s Club, Synchrony and Mastercard Introduce New Rewards Program
Sam’s Club, Synchrony and Mastercard announced today a new Sam’s Club Mastercard rewards program. Sam’s Club Plus members can now earn a total of up to 5% back on eligible Sam’s Club purchases. The announcement comes as Sam’s Club has seen millions of increased transactions each week during the pandemic. The card program is an essential tool for all Sam’s Club Plus members that helps maximize savings and delivers on the evolving consumer shopping habits.
“We are always looking for ways to give our members a better experience, including ways to help them save money and earn rewards. This new Sam’s Club Mastercard rewards program builds upon Sam’s Club as an essential business during the pandemic where we saw sales increasing by millions of transactions per week. Now more than ever, our members need savings. They now have a new tool in their toolkit to make their money go further,” said Tony Rogers, senior vice president and chief member officer, Sam’s Club.
If you need a Sam’s Club membership, you can check out this promotion that gets you a $45 discount.
New Rewards Program
Cardmembers can take advantage of these new benefits and features:
- More value: 3 + 2 = 5: Plus members earn 3% back on eligible purchases when shopping in-club or digitally through Sam’s Club when they use their Sam’s Club Mastercard and another 2% back from their Plus membership, for a total of up to 5% rewards on eligible purchases.
- Savings: For everyday eligible purchases, the credit card offers an industry leading 5% cash back on fuel anywhere (up to $6,000), 3% cash back on dining and takeout, and 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
- Less contact: As consumers look for ways to transact without touching cash, cards, or keypads, Synchrony has enabled Sam’s Club with contact-free technology, including the integration of payments capabilities into Sam’s Club Scan & Go patented solution, both in-club and at the pump.
- Mobile first: Sam’s Club cardholders can easily make purchases, track spending, check and pay balances, and securely manage and freeze accounts via the Sam’s Club mobile app enabled by the Synchrony plug-in (‘SyPi’).
- Digitized rewards: No more paper checks! Rewards are automatically loaded onto membership cards and can be used for future purchases made both online and in club, or exchanged for cash back.
- Applying made easy: Members can apply for the Sam’s Club Mastercard in club and via digital channels including the member service desk, at the point of sale (including Scan & Go), the Sam’s Club mobile app, SamsClub.com, via text message, and self-checkout enabled with Synchrony’s patent-pending dApply technology, API’s, and the Synchrony plug-in (‘SyPi’).
Cardholders can access rewards digitally each February. The rewards can be received as cash back and can be used in any Sam’s Club in the U.S or online. New cardholder benefits go into effect Jan. 27, 2021. The new credit card design will become available in March 2021.