Rumored Changes for Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card
Marriott currently offers four credit card options, two issued by American Express and the other two by Chase. The premium offering for Marriott Bonvoy members is the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card that currently has a $450 annual fee. The card comes with several benefits, including up to $300 in Marriott statement credits.
But soon we could see major changes for this product, along with a substantial fee increase. Before we get into these possible changes, it’s worth noting that the information comes from a survey that American Express sent out and reported by TPG. That means that it’s very possible that most of these changes will never become a reality. But considering that American Express recently updated its premium Platinum cards, I thought this was worth writing about.
Some of the major changes mentioned in the survey include:
- Platinum Status (instead of Gold) and the option to earn Titanium with $75K spend
- Annual Free Night Award and option to earn another Free Night with $50K spend in a calendar year. These Free Night Awards can be redeemed at properties up to 85K points per night (instead of 50K).
- 25 Elite Night Credits (instead of 15)
- Up to $300 in statement credits for dining purchases, $25 per month (instead of $300 in Marriott statement credit).
- $650 Annual Fee (up from $450)
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card would continue to 6x points on purchases Marriott Bonvoy hotels, 3x on dining at U.S. restaurants and on airfare purchased directly from airlines or through Amex Travel, and 1x point on all other purchases.
The current welcome bonus for Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant is 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points and Up to $200 Back at U.S. Restaurants.
- Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn up to $200 in statement credits for eligible purchases made on your new Card at U.S. restaurants within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
However, we have seen better points bonuses even as upgrade offers. And if these rumored changes are true, we should probably see big bonus as well.