Keesler Federal Credit Union has a great offer for a 7-Month CD. You can earn a 5% APY and there’s no maximum balance restrictions. A great offer, but there’s a catch. It is limited to only a few counties in MS and LA.
Keesler Federal Credit Union 5% APY
Open a 7-Month CD with at least $1,000 and receive 5% APY.
|Type||Min Bal Req||Rate 2||APY 3|
|7 Month Special||$1000||4.95%||5.00%|
|1 Year FirstStep||$25||1.00%||1.00%|
|19 Month Special(opens in a new window)||$1000||2.00%||2.00%|
|3 Year Bump Rate||$1000||1.44%||1.45%|
- Minimum $1,000 deposit required; must be opened with 50% new funds not on deposit with Keesler Federal.
- Offer valid for Consumer, Business, and IRA Certificates only.
- Certificate will automatically renew at the current 6-month Certificate rate unless you indicate otherwise.
The offer is limited to those who
- Live, work, worship or attend school in Forrest, Pearl River, Harrison or Hancock Counties or select census tracts in Jackson or Hinds County Mississippi.
- Live, work, worship or attend school in select census tracts in St. Tammany or Orleans Parish Louisiana.
You also need to become a Keesler Federal Credit Union member
Early withdrawals are subject to penalty.
A great offer but you need to live in the limited area listed above and become a member. If you qualify then you could earn a rate of 5% for 7 months, which is much higher than any other bank out there with no limits. Just make sure that you move your money once the 7 months are up since you will just get the regular rate after that. And I doubt it will be anywhere near 5%.