JUUL $255 Million Settlement
A class action lawsuit has been filed against JUUL Labs, Inc. and related individuals and entities. The Lawsuit alleges that customers paid more for JUUL products than they otherwise would have paid if they had been provided accurate information concerning the products’ addictiveness and safety. The Plaintiffs also claim that JUUL products were unlawfully marketed to minors. The Court has not decided in favor in neither party.
The defendants deny these allegations and assert that they did not violate any law. But they have agreed to pay $255 million to settle claims against it, in order to avoid extra costs. Altria, another defendant in the lawsuit, and related companies are not parties to the Settlement. The lawsuit will continue against them.
Check out the details of this JUUL class action lawsuit below and see if you are part of the settlement class, and eligible to file a claim for a cash rebate.
The Settlement Class includes all individuals who purchased, in the United States, a JUUL Product from a a retail store, an online store, or the JUUL website before December 7, 2022. If you are in this group, you are a member of the Settlement Class and you must make a claim in order to receive a payment.
You are not a member of the Settlement Class if:
- You purchased the JUUL Product(s) only from another person who is not a retailer; or
- You are a Defendant, one of their employees, officers, directors, legal representatives, heirs, successors and wholly or partly owned subsidiaries or affiliated companies; or
- You are a judicial officer in this case or a member of their immediate family, or court staff; or
- You timely and properly opt out of the Settlement Class.
If you are not sure whether you are part of the Settlement Class, you contact the Settlement Administrator by calling 1-855-604-1734 (Toll-Free) or emailing info@JUULClassAction.com.
The products included in the Settlement are any JUUL product designed, manufactured, produced, advertised, marketed, distributed, or sold by JUUL Labs, or under the logo of JUUL, including “JUUL”-branded pods or devices.
Related: See All Settlement Rebates Here
JUUL Labs, on behalf of itself and other persons and entities, has agreed to pay $255,000,000 to settle the claims of the Settlement Class. Class members who submit a claim are eligible for a settlement amount after payment for the lawyers’ fees and the case expenses.
Each claim will be based on how much each claimant spent on JUUL products compared to other Settlement Class members. How much each claimant will receive is unknown at this time because it depends on the number of total claims.
It will also depend on the number and type of purchase. A numeric value will be assigned to each purchase. It consists of the Retail Expenditure for each Purchase, multiplied by the weighted values as set forth below:
- Youth Purchase: Retail Expenditure x 4.
- 2015-2018 Initiate: Retail Expenditure x 2.
- 2019-2022 Initiate: Retail Expenditure x 1.
To receive a payment in the Settlement you must make a claim by July 14, 2023.
Related: Read all news about lawsuits and settlements
JUUL Settlement Details
- File claim here
- Rebate: Unknown
- Proof of Purchase Required: No
- Settlement Pool: $255,000,000
- Filing Deadline: July 14, 2023
- Read Settlement Details Here
HT: Doctor of Credit